6/10 Americans alarmed or concerned about climate change

herb749

Which data?...from which sources?

I want Canada to be alluvial sub-tropical again....like it was before.

Then their housing prices might drop because people can build further north.

Might hurt the Property Brothers.

Last edited:

Spitfire

Greetings:

I have no idea if climate change is a thing and if so, is that bad? I also have no idea if it man-made.

But let’s assume it is. Let’s assume everything stated about this is true.

What do you believe the role of government is here? I’m not even asking about the constitutionality of any of it. I just want to know what the role of government is.

As a corollary: is government the only entity of enacting the changes to cause the reversal of this?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Um, go look at the responses to my post. If that's what you call mature discourse or anything remotely resembling a discussion, then we have different ideas of what those words mean. If you'd like to engage in an actual discussion, I'm game.

yeah sure thing Sapidus ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Scientists studying phenomena aren't easily convinced of things that aren't true.

YOU ARE LYING AS USUAL SAPIDUS

Shellenberger began by highlighting his background, telling the Committee: “I am an energy analyst and environmentalist dedicated to the goals of universal prosperity, peace, and environmental protection. Between 2003 and 2009 I advocated for a large federal investment in renewables, many of which were made as part of the 2009 stimulus. And since 2013 I have advocated for the continued operation of nuclear plants around the world and thus helped prevent emissions from increasing the equivalent of adding 24 million cars to the road.”

“I also care about getting the facts and science right. I believe that scientists, journalists, and advocates have an obligation to represent climate science accurately, even if doing so reduces the saliency of our concerns,” Shellenberger continued. “No credible scientific body has claimed climate change threatens the collapse of civilization much less the extinction of the human species. And yet some activists, scientists, and journalists make such apocalyptic assertions, which I believe contribute to rising levels of anxiety, including among adolescents, and worsening political polarization.”

Shellenberger’s remarks are an apparent shot at Thunberg’s claim that “we are in the beginning of a mass extinction” and Ocasio-Cortez’ claim that “we have 10 years left to plan and implement a Green New Deal before cataclysmic climate disaster.”

“My colleagues and I have carefully reviewed the science, interviewed the individuals who make such claims, and written a series of articles debunking them,” Shellenberger continued. “In response, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change invited me to review its next Assessment Report, and Harper Collins will publish our research findings this June.”

“While climate change may make some natural disasters more frequent and extreme, the death toll from extreme events could and should continue to decline, as it did over the last century by over 90 percent, even as the global population quadrupled,” Shellenberger continued. “Does that mean we shouldn’t worry about climate change? Of course not. Policymakers routinely take action on non-apocalyptic problems. And the risk of crossing unknown tipping points rises with higher temperatures.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
People who dedicate their lives to scientific study don't fabricate or distort data en masse.

did you type this with a straight face ? 🤣

SCIENTISTS don't have a political agenda - people with a POLTICAL AGENDA are NOT Honest Scientists

SCIENCE IS NEVER SETTLED

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
OMG Sapidus breaking news story is based in a YALE Online4 Survey ..........

Our prior research has categorized Americans into six groups – Global Warming’s Six Americas – based on their climate change beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. The “Alarmed” are the most worried about global warming and the most supportive of strong action to reduce carbon pollution. In contrast, the “Dismissive” do not think global warming is happening or human-caused and strongly oppose climate action. [A short “Six Americas” quiz is publicly available online.]

Our latest survey (November 2019) finds that the Alarmed segment is at an all-time high (31%). The Alarmed segment has nearly tripled in size since October 2014. Conversely, the Dismissive (10%) and Doubtful (10%) segments have each decreased over the past five years. The proportion of Americans in these two segments combined has decreased by about five percentage points since 2014.