6/11/04

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by FancyBelle
Are the post offices and Banks closed on Friday for Reagan's funeral?:confused:

Friday is going to be treated as a Federal Holiday.

I'd say that banks, and PO's are going to be closed - and Chick-Fil-A and 7-11 are not.

Govt' Contractors get a 50-50 shot. I'm still waiting to see if I have off.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by pixiegirl
We're open. Not that we're a post office or a bank; just communists. :rolleyes:
Jesus himself could come back to life, then die, and our azzes would still be open. :rolleyes:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Post offices are, don't check you work email much do ya:poorbaby:
Yea I do missy, I just find it hard to believe the Post Offices are closed on Friday. I haven't heard anything official:howdy: :shocking:

Elle

Happy Camper!
:confused: What about local County Govts?????

Best joke I've heard today! J/K, did you watch the commissioner's meeting today? I think they would have mentioned it then if they were going to close:ohwell:

Toxick

Splat
:confused: What about local County Govts????? The Base is closed isn't it?

No.

I've only ever seen the base closed one time. That was on Sept. 11, 2001.

It's not closed on Christmas, Easter, Memorial or Labor Days.

I got this in email today:

Executive Order Providing for the Closing of Government Departments and Agencies on June 11, 2004

By Executive Order, President Bush directed that all executive departments, independent establishments, and other governmental agencies of the Federal government be closed on Friday, June 11, 2004, as part of the national day of remembrance for former President Ronald Reagan.

Therefore, June 11, 2004, will be treated like an official federal holiday.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Originally posted by migtig
FB, I am under the impression that we treat Friday as any other Federal Holiday, same things open and operating - same things closed.
Well, that's what I was thinking:crazy: But the Commissioners have to say something about us closing and they DIDN'T!!:cussing:

ylexot

Super Genius
Anyone else planning to go to DC for the day? It'll be a good chance for me to try my new camera out on something worthwhile.

donbarzini

Originally posted by ylexot
Anyone else planning to go to DC for the day? It'll be a good chance for me to try my new camera out on something worthwhile.

Camera is not allowed inside Capitol bldg.

D

dems4me

Re: Re: 6/11/04

Originally posted by Toxick
Friday is going to be treated as a Federal Holiday.

I'd say that banks, and PO's are going to be closed - and Chick-Fil-A and 7-11 are not.

Govt' Contractors get a 50-50 shot. I'm still waiting to see if I have off.

They still havn't decided for us :shrug: But I'm thinking they will close us because of the amount of dignitaries (sp?) coming into town and all the beefed up security, etc... us non-fed folk would just be in the way for them -- at least that's the reason I got... eitherway, no one has said yes or no :frown: I'll be out anyways... also tonight they are supposed to practice their flyby for the funeral if anyone is in town around 6:00 or 6:45 and had wanted to see it.

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by donbarzini
Camera is not allowed inside Capitol bldg.
I didn't think I'd be allowed in the capital at all on Friday. The viewing starts Wed night though Thursday night. The departure ceremony is on Friday and I figured it would be outside. Also, the motorcade/horsedrawn carriage/etc. is what I want to see/photograph.

ylexot

Super Genius
BTW, does anyone know of a web site that gives more details or what is going on? All I can find is the very brief schedule that was released a few days ago.

D

dems4me

Originally posted by ylexot
BTW, does anyone know of a web site that gives more details or what is going on? All I can find is the very brief schedule that was released a few days ago.

Maybe its not being released for security reasons :shrug:

ylexot

Super Genius
Possibly, but I did find this extra bit of info...not that we'd be allowed into the National Cathedral for the service or anything...

Friday, June 11, 2003 – Washington National Cathedral
Eulogists:

The Honorable George W. Bush, President of the United States
The Honorable George H.W. Bush, 41st President of the United States
The Right Honorable The Baroness Thatcher, L.G., O.M., F.R.S., Former Prime Minister of Great Britain
The Right Honorable Brian Mulroney, Former Prime Minister of Canada

Readers: The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court
Rabbi Harold Kushner

Celebrant: The Reverend John C. Danforth

Irish Tenor: Ronan Tynan

D

dems4me

Irish Tenor:[/b] Ronan Tynan [/B]

X -- the lady next to me just read the official schedule to you on the phone... if its confidential I'll pm you if its public I'll post it for you.

ylexot

Super Genius
Thanks dems. It looks like the horse-drawn carriage thing is happening tomorrow night. It really doesn't look like going to DC on Friday is worth it. I'm probably better off staying home and watching it on TV.