6 weeks...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am FINALLY leaving Charleston in the middle of January. I decided to move to Central FL. I thought for about 3 seconds about moving back to St. Mary's county but I have gotten used to NOT dealing with snow. I will be in Orlando for a year until I figure out where to live in the state and buy something. My job is allowing me to work remotely which I will do but I see myself in time finding a different job which would be the right one for me.

It was a tough decision if it wasn't for the fact I hate the snow and that I can ride the horse year round. I can stand the oppressive heat since Charleston in August is sometimes worse than FL with the humidity.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am FINALLY leaving Charleston in the middle of January. I decided to move to Central FL. I thought for about 3 seconds about moving back to St. Mary's county but I have gotten used to NOT dealing with snow. I will be in Orlando for a year until I figure out where to live in the state and buy something. My job is allowing me to work remotely which I will do but I see myself in time finding a different job which would be the right one for me.

It was a tough decision if it wasn't for the fact I hate the snow and that I can ride the horse year round. I can stand the oppressive heat since Charleston in August is sometimes worse than FL with the humidity.

Good Luck, HeavyChevy!

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny, daughter moved down there (Charleston) in June. One summer was enough to say screw it, and once she has saved up enough, it's over to Richmond, VA :)

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Funny, daughter moved down there (Charleston) in June. One summer was enough to say screw it, and once she has saved up enough, it's over to Richmond, VA :)

Summer is brutal in Charleston lol. But it is 77 degrees today and on Christmas could be 80's so the price is worth it.

The heat really doesn't bother me otherwise I would move back up north to Boston or MD again. The cold kicks my butt.

Tug does miss the snow lol

glhs837

Power with Control
Summer is brutal in Charleston lol. But it is 77 degrees today and on Christmas could be 80's so the price is worth it.

The heat really doesn't bother me otherwise I would move back up north to Boston or MD again. The cold kicks my butt.

Yeah, coming down for Xmas to see her. Expect to be able to actually enjoy a walk around downtown, unlike the Battan Death March like atmosphere our July visit entailed.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Been in Tampa 40 years. Fl is hot for seven months, Central Fl is the hottest. The east coast is the bestest, the west coast has the sugar sand, and Orlando is ruled by that stinking mouse......

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Been in Tampa 40 years. Fl is hot for seven months, Central Fl is the hottest. The east coast is the bestest, the west coast has the sugar sand, and Orlando is ruled by that stinking mouse......

Well I will stay in Orlando until I get to know the area a bit more. Once I get to know the area I will think about elsewhere. I just wanted to be central to everything for now. I will be living close to the mouse but most likely won't go there because the baby carriage brigade. I went to the movies at Disney Springs and decided never again. I will go to Universal City Walk instead. Thankfully my horse is in St. Cloud like near Harmony on the shows of Alligator Lake. He has a breeze all the time and quite the lifestyle.