$600K food stamp fraud in 1 store

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm sure this happens a lot more often. The guy selling the stuff doesn't care how it gets paid for. The customers want what they want, but don't want to use their money to buy it. Win/win. Except the taxpayer gets screwed in the end. No wonder hard working tax payers want to clamp down on benefits fraud. Check out the vehicles that some of the EBT crowd hop in after shopping on your dime. America, gotta love it.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/609398-worth-of-food-stamps-redeemed-for-cologne-cigarettes/

tommyjo

I am amazed every time I read posts like this.

It seems to be your opinion, shared by many on this silly board, that gov't and only gov't programs involve fraud, misuse or abuse. And that the only people in the entire world who are dishonest are those taking govt benefits. Naturally, the "those" you always refer to never include any of the programs you or those close to you may be using (namely, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid...or your govt funded defense contractor jobs).

And the only time "taxpayers get screwed" is when a benefit is paid to someone who looks, talks or acts differently than you and those close to you. That is the prevailing opinion of this site.

BTW...there was not a single mention of the vehicle people got into in this article or the link back to the gov't announcement of the plea bargain.

Additionally, the guy got caught and possibly going to jail.

If you want to b!tch about govt spending, you really don't have to look so damn hard.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

It seems to be your opinion, shared by many on this silly board, that gov't and only gov't programs involve fraud, misuse or abuse. And that the only people in the entire world who are dishonest are those taking govt benefits. Naturally, the "those" you always refer to never include any of the programs you or those close to you may be using (namely, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid...or your govt funded defense contractor jobs).

If you want to b!tch about govt spending, you really don't have to look so damn hard.

AHEM! Each of the examples of programs which contributors to these forums favor are all government programs too. So I guess you agree with your first statement that only government programs are vulnerable to fraud, waste and abuse. Oh, and by the way, the opinions in the link are those of the author and not necessarily those of the OP.

Hijinx

And the only time "taxpayers get screwed" is when a benefit is paid to someone who looks, talks or acts differently than you and those close to you. That is the prevailing opinion of this site.

BTW...there was not a single mention of the vehicle people got into in this article or the link back to the gov't announcement of the plea bargain.

One of the things that makes this forum silly is twits who jump in and make comments and then disappear.

Yes Tommy Jo Twit. If you haven't the courage to back your statements you should just be quiet or find a board that appreciates Twits.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
One of the things that makes this forum silly is twits who jump in and make comments and then disappear.

Yes Tommy Jo Twit. If you haven't the courage to back your statements you should just be quiet or find a board that appreciates Twits.

So what's your excuse, twit?

S

starr

The difference in Social Security, Medicare etc are we paid into them. They take money everytime we get a paycheck. It isn't people with their hands out getting assitance to pay for ciagrettes and random other things that are not necessities.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
My biggest 'freaking out moment' was seeing a woman buy steamed crabs and shrimp with an food assistance card. What a luxury. I was told that some places will let you get beer, cigs. and other absurd things. Oh well like op said, business' don't care where the money comes from.

:coffee:

luvmygdaughters

The difference in Social Security, Medicare etc are we paid into them. They take money everytime we get a paycheck. It isn't people with their hands out getting assitance to pay for ciagrettes and random other things that are not necessities.
:yeahthat:

luvmygdaughters

Which one are you abusing?

officeguy

In another thread people are complaining that USDA (who administers the food-stamp program) has a law-enforcement arm and consider it entirely unneccesary.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
In another thread people are complaining that USDA (who administers the food-stamp program) has a law-enforcement arm and consider it entirely unneccesary.

I believe that thread to which you refer objects to the food stamp police requiring sub-machine guns. There was no objection to someone finally cracking down on EBT fraud. But, again, that's not about to happen much any time soon.

officeguy

I believe that thread to which you refer objects to the food stamp police requiring sub-machine guns. There was no objection to someone finally cracking down on EBT fraud. But, again, that's not about to happen much any time soon.

Food stamp fraud, narcotics and organized crime frequently intersect. Why do you want to leave the food stamp cops poorly armed ? In 2000, two USDA sausage inspectors were gunned down by a disgruntled sausage maker.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Food stamp fraud, narcotics and organized crime frequently intersect. Why do you want to leave the food stamp cops poorly armed ? In 2000, two USDA sausage inspectors were gunned down by a disgruntled sausage maker.

One old man shot 14 years ago by a guy who was mobbed up doesn't justify sub-machine guns for agents who DON'T enforce fraud laws on EBT queens.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One old man shot 14 years ago by a guy who was mobbed up doesn't justify sub-machine guns for agents who DON'T enforce fraud laws on EBT queens.

like the reasoning for banning AK-47's and AR-15's ....