60s singer Bobby Rydell gets double transplant

Misfit

Lawful neutral
60s singer Bobby Rydell gets double organ transplant, set to be released from Pa. hospital - The Washington Post

PHILADELPHIA — Sixties teen idol Bobby Rydell has undergone a liver and kidney transplant in Philadelphia.

The 70-year-old singer of hits including “Wild One” and “Volare” had surgery last week. He tells KYW-AM (Bobby Rydell Recovering From Organ Transplant Surgery « CBS Philly ) that his doctor didn’t expect him to live much longer without the double organ transplant.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
his doctor didn’t expect him to live much longer without the double organ transplant.

Hello??? He's freaking 70 years old. Why are they wasting perfectly good livers and kidneys on some guy who has maybe 10 years left in him?

That stuff drives me crazy.

Hello??? He's freaking 70 years old. Why are they wasting perfectly good livers and kidneys on some guy who has maybe 10 years left in him?

:yeahthat: Just what I was going to post!!!! This kind of crap drives me crazy too! I am positive there are a bunch on the list who could put them to better use! 70 and older should be considered on borrowed time!

Misfit

Lawful neutral

How can we put a price on life? I mean if we say "he's too old to be worth saving" then someone will also say "It's not a baby yet, so we can abort it" and the madness starts.

How can we put a price on life? I mean if we say "he's too old to be worth saving" then someone will also say "It's not a baby yet, so we can abort it" and the madness starts.
It should be taken into account for "rating" who the next recipient should be. The reality is a 70 year old is probably done raising his kids, done with his career, and has invented everything he's bound to invent, etc. Why can't people accept that there can be a natural end to life and there isn't always a requirement for heroics?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It should be taken into account for "rating" who the next recipient should be. The reality is a 70 year old is probably done raising his kids, done with his career, and has invented everything he's bound to invent, etc. Why can't people accept that there can be a natural end to life and there isn't always a requirement for heroics?

I see what you mean. Like a 30 something should be at the top of the gut list and a 70 year old near the bottom.