FEMA cuts off hotel money

B

Bruzilla

Ah yes... I'm sure the networks have camera crews on the move out to hotels to get video of families of the entitlement class who have been sitting on their asses in hotels since the storm who will be decrying how uncaring FEMA, Bush's FEMA, is. And if FEMA extended the funding for a year, the same people would be in the same hotels saying the same things a year from now.

jaie

So happy!
Bruzilla said:
Ah yes... I'm sure the networks have camera crews on the move out to hotels to get video of families of the entitlement class who have been sitting on their asses in hotels since the storm who will be decrying how uncaring FEMA, Bush's FEMA, is. And if FEMA extended the funding for a year, the same people would be in the same hotels saying the same things a year from now.
:high5:

Bruzilla said:
Ah yes... I'm sure the networks have camera crews on the move out to hotels to get video of families of the entitlement class who have been sitting on their asses in hotels since the storm who will be decrying how uncaring FEMA, Bush's FEMA, is. And if FEMA extended the funding for a year, the same people would be in the same hotels saying the same things a year from now.[/QUOTE]

:clap: Thats what I was gonna say.....If they are not out on their own by now, wny should we foot the bill for them to sit around in hotels all day long loafing off? They should be out trying to get a job and back on their feet...But I guess they still want even more handouts......

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
With about 2,500 still in shelters and 32,000 or so in these hotels, according to the article, where are they going to locate the interim housing for this many people? And FEMA (aka - you and I via taxes) will still be picking up the tab for that housing for a while.

B

Bruzilla

Well... I'm thinking that if tent cities are good enough for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan they're damn well good enough for these loafers, and erecting tent cities until house trailers are available is a damn sight cheaper than paying for a short-term hotel.

Qurious

Im On 1.
This is disgusting.

How can they get a job and support their families when they dont have a place to stay now?

All of you are saying they'll just go on welfare and still sit around and do nothing....how can they when they can't go back to their home town to get a job?

I got more to say but i'll just leave it at that. America should be ashamed of themselves....

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Bruzilla said:
Well... I'm thinking that if tent cities are good enough for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan they're damn well good enough for these loafers, and erecting tent cities until house trailers are available is a damn sight cheaper than paying for a short-term hotel.
:clap: :clap: AMEN!

The thing about the FEMA aid is that it's just that -- AID! Assistance ... it's not meant to be a never-ending source of money for affected families to milk off of the rest of their lives.

``Those affected by these storms should have the opportunity to become self-reliant again and reclaim some normalcy in their lives,'' Paulison said.
That right there is what it's about ... FEMA is there to help ... but the objective is to return these folks to self-sufficient, productive members of society; not add to the numbers of people already suckling off the government's teet. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Qurious said:
This is disgusting.

How can they get a job and support their families when they dont have a place to stay now?

All of you are saying they'll just go on welfare and still sit around and do nothing....how can they when they can't go back to their home town to get a job?

I got more to say but i'll just leave it at that. America should be ashamed of themselves....

What planet are you from? Everybody has started from scratch. Some people, more than once. That's how it's done, unless you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth. If they can do it once, they can do it again. Just how long are these people supposed to sit on their collective asses and wait for everything to fall into their laps?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Did anyone read the article in yesterday's emptyprize about the man and his family that are staying in Charles County with family? They were given over $5,000 from FEMA and in donations in the past 2.5 months and are still unable to find a place to live and get back on their feet:ohwell:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Qurious said:
This is disgusting.

This is how it should be. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and do the right thing. If they keep babying these people, they will stay there forever. The only thing I'm sad about is it took to long. It's time people start doing for themselves and to stop waiting for the gvmt to bail their sorry asses out. No one said they had to stay in that area. There is plenty of work in this country IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DO IT. They just want to enjoy the ride.

rack'm

Jaded
Qurious said:
This is disgusting.

1. Haven't they been living for free in a hotel??

2. Chances are, they were already on welfare and will still continue being the burden they are.

3. The loafers should be ashamed. :boo:

4. I'm with Bru but I'd bet that the tent cities would just turn into soft walled slums. :ohwell:

crabcake

Elle said:
Did anyone read the article in yesterday's emptyprize about the man and his family that are staying in Charles County with family? They were given over $5,000 from FEMA and in donations in the past 2.5 months and are still unable to find a place to live and get back on their feet:ohwell:
If they're looking in Charles County (or Southern Maryland), that's no surprise. :ohwell: I'd be looking in less-populated, lower-cost-of-living areas, but that still offer a decent job market.

Qurious

Im On 1.
rack'm said:
1. Haven't they been living for free in a hotel??

2. Chances are, they were already on welfare and will still continue being the burden they are.

3. The loafers should be ashamed. :boo:

4. I'm with Bru but I'd bet that the tent cities would just turn into soft walled slums. :ohwell:

American settin up their own Refugee camps....now that will bring more voters out

:hockspit:

crabcake

Qurious said:
American settin up their own Refugee camps....now that will bring more voters out

:hockspit:
When you learned to walk, did you ever happen to fall down, get back up and try again, or did Mommy and Daddy keep you in a walker till you were 18? :confused:

crabcake

Qurious said:
no its not....if it was there wouldn't be homeless people sleepin outside 1600 pennsylvania ave.
So what's the answer then? Keep footing an endless shelter bill? :shrug:

What motivation is that for those who really aren't putting forth any effort to begin with, and were living off Uncle Sam prior to the hurricane? :shrug: