Losers...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...whenever I've seen pictures of the Great Wall of China I've always had, as a part of my reaction to it, a certain feeling of disdain towards the Chinese.

Maybe not much but the wall says to me; Weakness. Fear. Futility. Paranoia.

Yes, it is a great accomplishment, a huge project but past that, it says, to me 'loser'.

The Sovs sucked so bad they had one of the few fences, the Berlin Wall, in history that was actually designed to keep people IN, not enemies out.

Accordingly...

http://usatoday.printthis.clickabil...1117/1a_bottomstrip17x.art.htm&partnerID=1660

...this does not sit well with me.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Larry is this H.R.4083? It's hard to tell as the linked article says it will cost $8 billion while this legislation only authorizes $2 billion. If approved where will the other money come from.

It also doesn't sit will with me either. The thought of the US being surrounded by a fence doesn't exactly exude freedom. Besides all I think it will do is further the sale of wire cutters and shovels on the Mexican side of the border. More aggressive patrol, IR sensors, and strong prosecution of those caught would probably do a better job at slowing the flow. Maybe the government could take the $2 billion and build a holding facility out in the vast uninhabited tundra of Alaska where the violators could await deportation hearings.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
And via the Internet, a group called weneedafence.com has raised enough money to air TV ads warning that the border is open to terrorists.
I doubt the majority of terrorists are crawling in from Mexico. More likely they're flying in first class and landing in our airports. Quick, somebody start up weneedaforcefield.com!!!! :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
The thought of the US being surrounded by a fence doesn't exactly exude freedom.
I don't like it either and that's exactly why.

More aggressive patrol, IR sensors, and strong prosecution of those caught would probably do a better job at slowing the flow
I agree. My take is that the spineless politicians don't want to lose the illegal immigrant vote, nor do they want to hear a bunch of liberals #####ing, so they figure they'll put a fence around us instead of do what they SHOULD do.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
I doubt the majority of terrorists are crawling in from Mexico. More likely they're flying in first class and landing in our airports. Quick, somebody start up weneedaforcefield.com!!!! :rolleyes:
We wouldn't know since it is so wide open.

And who needs a forcefield, all we need is a bounty. :biggrin:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
And anyways, I like the Mexicans, they're very nice people, and they're hard workers. Nobody's ever heard of a Mexican't. :shrug: