The THAI RESTAURANT is OPEN!

cebasham

Just to let you all know, Thai Inter Restaurant opened today, in the old Roy Rogers/3 Brothers location in San Souci Plaza. Hubby and I went for lunch and were very pleased. Not as spicy as some places, but delicious...

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cebasham said:
Just to let you all know, Thai Inter Restaurant opened today, in the old Roy Rogers/3 Brothers location in San Souci Plaza. Hubby and I went for lunch and were very pleased. Not as spicy as some places, but delicious...
I certainly hope it is better than the vomit place next to the new pub.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I had the pad thai for lunch today and it 'smelled' a little funny. I think it was the shrimp. The same dish at Hot Noodle next door is MUCH better IMHO. Really nice service and ambience though and I will be back to sample other dishes...

LooseTooth

open loop stable
BS Gal said:
I certainly hope it is better than the vomit place next to the new pub.

Are you comparing Indian food with Thai? You don't like the 'green glop' at the buffet??

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
LooseTooth said:
Are you comparing Indian food with Thai? You don't like the 'green glop' at the buffet??
We ate at the place that used to be Northridge. Barely made it home before the Big D set it. It was so gross. I don't know if it was indian or Thai, but I'm not going to any of those types of places ever again. Give me a steak, baked tater and a caesar salad anytime.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Opening a "Thai" place right next door to Hot Noodle (Thai, Korean) and Asahi across the parking lot, seems like a good idea to me.

LooseTooth

open loop stable
Steve said:
Opening a "Thai" place right next door to Hot Noodle (Thai, Korean) and Asahi across the parking lot, seems like a good idea to me.

Had Asahi tonight - it's a bit of sticker shock when you see a ticket for 11 people but MAN is that some good food!

Steve

Enjoying life!
LooseTooth said:
Had Asahi tonight - it's a bit of sticker shock when you see a ticket for 11 people but MAN is that some good food!
Aww hell...11 people best have come up at $250, or else you didn't enjoy your
selves to the fullest....

LooseTooth

open loop stable
Steve said:
Aww hell...11 people best have come up at $250, or else you didn't enjoy your
selves to the fullest....

$366 and I only saw a few people having a beer. It was ALL food (and an %18 gratuity...)

Angel

~*~*~
Drunken Noodle

Does the new Thai Place have an awesome menu to include Drunken Noodle? When I lived in New England there were Thai Resturants on every corner and I fell in love w/ Drunken Noodle. Couldn't begin to tell you what the hell is in it, but it was awesome! I love The Hot Noodle (Pho... yummy...), but they do not serve Drunken Noodle.

Last edited:

sonsorae

What now?!
LooseTooth said:
I had the pad thai for lunch today and it 'smelled' a little funny. I think it was the shrimp. The same dish at Hot Noodle next door is MUCH better IMHO. Really nice service and ambience though and I will be back to sample other dishes...
I guess pad thai made by vietnamese cooks make it taste like it's really thai!

MikeyBash

Angel said:
Does the new Thai Place have an awesome menu to include Drunken Noodle? When I lived in New England there were Thai Resturants on every corner and I fell in love w/ Drunken Noodle. Couldn't begin to tell you what the hell is in it, but it was awesome! I love The Hot Noodle (Pho... yummy...), but they do not serve Drunken Noodle.
Yes, it's called "Phat Kee Mao", which litterally translates to "Staggering Drunken Man Noodles". The idea is it's supposed to be so spicy that you stagger around after eating it.

I tried it at ThaiINTER, and it was good--it has that flavor that comes from being cooked in a really hot wok. Unfortunately, it wasn't a spicy as I'd hoped, even though I asked for it "Bap Thai-Thai", or the same way they make it in Thailand.

Speaking as one who lived in Thailand for three years, I think ThaiINTER is very good, as American Thai places go. I've been there three times, and I can recommend the Phat Grapao Nua (beef with sweet basil), Tom Kha Kai, and Kanom Jeep (delicious appatizer dumplings).

The Som Tum (papaya salad) was ok, but had no chili peppers, so it wasn't to my taste. I asked the owner where he got the green papaya, since it's very hard to find, and he said he has to order it from DC-area specialty stores.

Overall, I think ThaiINTER is a great addition to St. Mary's County and I plan to eat there a lot. I hope they stay open a long time.

BTW, the lunch menu is much cheaper.

Angel

~*~*~
MikeyBash said:
Yes, it's called "Phat Kee Mao", which litterally translates to "Staggering Drunken Man Noodles". The idea is it's supposed to be so spicy that you stagger around after eating it.

BTW, the lunch menu is much cheaper.
Awesome! I never knew the orgin of the name or any other name for the dish, but now I can tell you that the name is appropriate. lol.... Thanks for the info! I now have a new Friday lunch time hot spot to try! :getdown:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We ate there last night...we surprised the lil :lol: she's an all american girl. i had um...i don't know what it was called, and rottncop had a curry dish, which wasn't spicy at all. lil one had chicken on the skewers as her meal, then asked for a bowl of white rice :lol: the spring rolls are great. I prefer Hot Noodle, since I know what most of the dishes are. Oh and the new Thai place is "Close Thanksgiving" :lol:

pineapple fam

We tried the new restaraunt earlier this week, and will definitely go back. If you want spicy, I recommend the Pad Ka Prow. Not the hottest Thai we've had, but pretty good for down here.

Nitro

Chrystee said:
How is the service?? We LOVE Hot Noodle, but their service is horrible, dont even hope for take out.

Service??? How about the decor? Christ! Who ever did the interior design in that place needs their ear cut off. Its horrible!

Chrystee

Nitro said:
Service??? How about the decor? Christ! Who ever did the interior design in that place needs their ear cut off. Its horrible!

Yea.. Nothing is put in right, look at the outlets if you ever go there again.

Esprix

We just ate there, too, and it was great! I'm used to a larger selection of Thai restaurants and slightly lower prices, but the quality of the food and the service was worth the price (although it wasn't outrageous by any means - I'm just used to *cheap*). I recommend the place, and I know we'll be going back.

Esprix