Saturday's Choice Farm

shilo

We bought Buzz's Marina in Ridge last February. The old deeds have it formerly listed as Saturday's Choice Farm and also Beckwiths Lodge. Are there any interesting things connected to either of those names? I haven't found any real history so far. Christy

slik

Can't help you out much with the Saturday's Choice Farm name but did want to tell ya that I've heard good things about Buzz's and am anxiously waiting for the weather to get better to bring the boat down.

shilo

Hello! We would love to have you come see us! I think a lot of people have hesitated using our marina because of the creek being so narrow at that one spot. The good news is, the dredging project is back on and should be done within two months. I think our business will take off then. We do well now with people that know the creek, but I know a lot of people put out at Point Lookout that aren't familiar. OUr ramp fee is less expensive so we may start seeing more of them. The cell tower is under construction now also on our property so we will have cell service before Christmas. That will help too. We hope to meet you! Christy

Henry

Saturday's Choice

shilo said:
We bought Buzz's Marina in Ridge last February. The old deeds have it formerly listed as Saturday's Choice Farm and also Beckwiths Lodge. Are there any interesting things connected to either of those names? I haven't found any real history so far. Christy

After a little research I found out that Beckwiths Lodge had previously been known as "Bedford" and before that as "Beards Choice" The only other possible reference is to "Saterdays [Saturdays] Work", previously "St. Stephens Spring".

Not much help. Henry