XBox 360 must mean the temp it burns at

B

Bruzilla

I have a friend who works at Wal Mart who tried to get my son one of the new XBox 360s when they came out last week but couldn't due to restrictions on employees buying them. He just came in tonigth and said they had gotten a recall notice on them as 100% of the units sold caught fire shortly after being plugged in.

dustin

UAIOE
A company like Microsoft would have "user" testing take place before releasing them. I think it's a production problem (incorrect parts or specs used at production facility), and not a design flaw.

mainman

Set Trippin
Bruzilla said:
I have a friend who works at Wal Mart who tried to get my son one of the new XBox 360s when they came out last week but couldn't due to restrictions on employees buying them. He just came in tonigth and said they had gotten a recall notice on them as 100% of the units sold caught fire shortly after being plugged in.
Who had a recall? 100% of the walmart units? :confused:

S

Schizo

jazz lady said:
Sounds like a problem Gateway had years ago. Where I worked at, we had 11 of 12 go bad because of the power supply. I think only a couple actually smoked though. :lol:

How about the dell laptop thatcaught fire at PAX. LOL

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Schizo said:
How about the dell laptop thatcaught fire at PAX. LOL

Oh, I remember that! I still have that picture somewhere showing the laptop with the big NMCI sticker on it. :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Bruzilla said:
I actully got three from the Laplata Wallmart. I had the entire week off so mine was on pretty much non-stop. I have had no problems at all. My friend got one from Funco land, plugs it in it goes for about two min the shuts off. Microsoft sent him a box to return his unit and they are suposed to bo replacing it. But like I say for almost a week mine was only turned off a few hours a day, no fires yet