You will be hung by the neck until dead

Pete

Repete
Assie executed in Singapore for drug smuggling and every news story I have read on this has been of the "Poor poor guy :bawl: angle. WTF :shrug: It is not like Singapore passed this law at midnight and this goober got caught at 12:01 with a dube. The guy has 14 ounces of heroin, 2 freaking ounces less than a full pound :yikes: AND he knew and it was well known in Australia that Asian countries have a mandatory death penalty for drug smugglers AND they routinely carry it out. The Aussie Foreign Minister even said in one article I read that he was getting a little tired of Aussie citizens going to Asia and getting caught with drugs and then crying for mercy.

What say you? Did this drug smuggler deserve mercy?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
No symapthy here, he took a chance and paid the ultimate for it. These countries have made no secret as to what the penalty would be for being caught smuggling drugs.

V

Vixen

FromTexas said:
Then how are you going to smoke pot in retirement?

I survived this long, so I'm sure I will be just fine. And I've gone this long because it is illegal. If I do it, get caught, lose my job, and get a criminal record who is to blame? ME and only me because I know the punishment for my actions.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Vixen said:
I survived this long, so I'm sure I will be just fine. And I've gone this long because it is illegal. If I do it, get caught, lose my job, and get a criminal record who is to blame? ME and only me because I know the punishment for my actions.

I was just trying to help you out with the plan you had set. :shrug:

V

Vixen

FromTexas said:
I was just trying to help you out with the plan you had set. :shrug:

Ahhh shucks... thanks.... :huggy:

But I can devise my own plans and make my own choices. I just will not take my weed to Singapore. :lmao:

But anyway, we are talking about heroin so to a heroin user, smoking a marijuana joint is elementary.

Agee

Vixen said:
But anyway, we are talking about heroin so to a heroin user, smoking a marijuana joint is elementary.
True maybe...

In the US, according to the DEA, and subsequent punishmnets, marijuana is still in the same class as cocaine, herion, and LSD...

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Steve

Enjoying life!
When I was 20, I worked alongside a heroin user (smoker), not an addict strung out, but a user. One day, I took him on the way home from work to get his supply and as we pulled up to the drug house, I said "Get me some too." I had fronted him the money to buy his fix, and figured why not go double and get me some.

He looked at me and said "I smoke because I have to. Heroin will steal your heart, and you'll never get it back. I'm not buying it for you. Forget it."

In that one moment, he was lucid enough to steer me away from it. He never recovered and passed into the past, but obviously I still remember that moment today.

Strange how life works out...

Steve

Enjoying life!
Airgasm said:
:yay:

fasinating as well!
Yeah. Just a personal story about how hard-core drug users are still people. He lost his destiny long before I ever met him, but he did right by me that day. To be honest, I didn't expect him to say to me what he did, to deny me. Maybe the angels were watching out that day....who knows?

V

Vixen

Airgasm said:
True maybe...

In the US, according to the DEA, and subsequent punishmnets, marijuana is still in the same class as cocaine, herion, and LSD...

Please correct me if I'm wrong?

It all CDS but just like Steve said his friend told him "I smoke because I have to. Heroin will steal your heart, and you'll never get it back. I'm not buying it for you. Forget it."

You haven't seen anything until you see a serious drug user or alcoholic lie, steel, lose everything for a fix or for a drink. When I say a serious drug user, I am not talking about a marijuana user. I am in the belief that marijuana is not addictive, but of course my opinion is under much fire. It has been medically thought not to be addictive by some and addictive by others.

Agee

Steve said:
Yeah. Just a personal story about how hard-core drug users are still people. He lost his destiny long before I ever met him, but he did right by me that day. To be honest, I didn't expect him to say to me what he did, to deny me. Maybe the angels were watching out that day....who knows?
I'd bet that the majority of us have been touched one way or another by an experience similar to yours.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Airgasm said:
I'd bet that the majority of us have been touched one way or another by an experience similar to yours.
I doubt most people ever think about buying heroin. But I worked along side him, and he seemed fine to me. I was deep into pot at the time, so to my young ass it didn't seem that big a deal to jump to heroin.

The guy changed my destiny that day....I can't describe it any better.

I'm certain that getting high on heroin would have sent me into a spiral that I would not have recovered from. Which is why I remember him today.

I'm just saying that drug users should not be off-handed, treated like parriahs of life. Each person is different....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think Carroll O'Connor had it right..When his son died of an overdose, he tried to get the seller convicted of murder.. I don't know if it ever worked.

Agee

Steve said:
I doubt most people ever think about buying heroin.
Then again maybe they have...

My point was, the total lunicy that some of us have experienced, goes a long way to shaping our lives!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Vixen said:
You haven't seen anything until you see a serious drug user or alcoholic lie, steal, lose everything for a fix or for a drink.

Been there and done that with my brother. It is a heartbreaking thing to see and experience, believe me. And yes, it has helped shape my life tremendously.

When I say a serious drug user, I am not talking about a marijuana user. I am in the belief that marijuana is not addictive, but of course my opinion is under much fire. It has been medically thought not to be addictive by some and addictive by others.

Studies have also said it's a gateway drug to other, more hard-core drugs. I personally have seen people use marijuana for years and never go any further than that, while others go onto worse things and get lost in drugs forever. My opinion is it has more to do with the personality qualities of someone than the addictiveness of the drug.