Cyclist Killed By Text-Messaging Teen Driver

blacklabman

I think they ought to nail the driver to the maximum extent of the law.

Use of cellphones while driving should be outlawed. On the Eastern Shore last week, traveling with the traffic flow (~60 - 65), a woman in the vehicle behind me was one more then one vehicle length away and jabbing on the cell phone. I would have put on my brakes and have her hit me, but I had an appointment to meet and didn't want to spend the time. Although I could use a new vehicle.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
blacklabman said:
I think they ought to nail the driver to the maximum extent of the law.

Use of cellphones while driving should be outlawed. On the Eastern Shore last week, traveling with the traffic flow (~60 - 65), a woman in the vehicle behind me was one more then one vehicle length away and jabbing on the cell phone. I would have put on my brakes and have her hit me, but I had an appointment to meet and didn't want to spend the time. Although I could use a new vehicle.
According to the article linked that would be "maximum sentence of one year". Kill some one and only get a year UFB.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was just reading the article and he was only charged with a misdemeanor with a maximum of 1 year in jail. UFB. :rolleyes:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
I was just reading the article ...
Tell the truth, you were more interested in the Horse-sex fatality story found on the page at the site listed above. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember something like this happening many years ago in California, sans the text messaging. Woman driving a Bronco (or something like it) decided to change the cassette tape and ran over and killed 4 people on bicycles. I can't remember what she was sentenced with though.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Tell the truth, you were more interested in the Horse-sex fatality story found on the page at the site listed above. :lmao:

:bonk: It seems more like GUYS are fascinated with that story. One in my office emailed me the story and I was like WTF? :twitch: