Way To Go Stephanie!!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
:flowers::smoochy::yahoo::yahoo::cartwheel:patriot::thewave:

We are so proud of you !!!

I am not putting this in chit chat so she can see her name in 'lights' so to speak.

I hope everyone will join me in congratulating a local 14 yo, from Ridge MS, who was chosen from thousands to be a ambassador for our country in the People to People program. Stephanie is a bright ambious beautiful well spoken young lady. She's the daughter of our good friends, both of whom are retired from the navy.

We love you Steph! Suz' & Chris

itsbob

I bowl overhand
"There is a tuition fee of $4,200," Harris said. "It will include room and board, flight from Los Angeles to Australia and all the activities during the 15-day trip."

PLUS

The air fare from one's nearest airport to Los Angeles is paid by the participating person.

"We are looking for sponsors"

Never mind :rollseyes:

Didn't we just have this discussion a few weeks ago when someone else's son or daughter got "selected" for something similar? My son got something VERY similar in DC.. for just five THOUSAND dollars he could spend two weeks in DC to be a particiapant in some program or another.. and of course he was only one of 30 people nationwide selected (If that was the case, law of averages they could expect only about 5 participants a year right?)

Bah Friggin humbug!!

:suckers:

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
itsbob said:
Didn't we just have this discussion a few weeks ago when someone else's son or daughter got "selected" for something similar? My son got something VERY similar in DC.. for just five THOUSAND dollars he could spend two weeks in DC to be a particiapant in some program or another.. and of course he was only one of 30 people nationwide selected (If that was the case, law of averages they could expect only about 5 participants a year right?)
:yeahthat: Sounds like the BuddyLee deal.

Mikeinsmd

Suz' said:
Bob hit the nail on the head,,, :whistle:

The following information may help you answer your parents' initial questions about People to People Student Ambassador Programs.

How much does the program cost?

Tuition varies by program, and includes accommodations, meals and much more. For a full explanation of your program and the tuition, please attend your local Information Meeting.

Source right off their website... http://www.studentambassadors.org/students-what-to-tell-parents-frequently-asked-questions.asp

C

czygvtwkr

Sounds like the "honor" I received to play in a orchestra that toured Europe because of skill with my instrument in high school band. All for only $6k

MargeInCharge

My daughter got an invitation for this program too, last year when she was in elementary school, but we declined to let her participate for several reasons; she was only 10 and they wanted her to go on a trip to Europe without parents, with people we've never met before, and for a hefty "tuition" fee. Nope, we passed on it. I think they get listings of kids names if they are on the honor roll or something, because my highschooler son, who has only just gotten on the honor roll recently, actually got one of those invitation letters a few weeks ago for a trip to somewhere far off. I can't recall where it was but the letter went right in the shredder.

That said, I do know a girl who went on one of these trips when she was 12 and she had a blast. They spent bucks for it though. They went somewhere in Europe, but at some point during her trip she was involved in a car accident and had to be taken to the hospital as a precaution (she was okay). But her parents were flipping out being so far away when their kid was in a hospital overseas.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
RoseRed said:
Not trying to be a thorn, so I looked it up, but what does that word mean?
ok-never was a A++ student in spelling. You know you know what I meant anyway, ???

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Had someone at work whos' child was also solicited to participate a few years ago. She came in looking for donations to help him get to his destination!

camily

Peace
My daughter got it too but I chose to not even go to the information meeting after searching it up and reading some bad reviews. Also, all the info I got here helped me make my descision too. Also, I don't think this is a time I want my daughter out of the country alone.

C

czygvtwkr

Got to love these things. Who's who among high school students is right up there.