Fear not!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Isaiah 41:10
&nbsp;<sup>10</sup>'Do not fear, for I am with you;
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

We trust people we do not know every day with our lives. We drive the highways with cars around us doing 50, 60, and more. On coming cars coming at us at the same speeds. Some of us trust pilots to fly airplanes we ride in. Some trust bus drivers. These people have our lives in their hands.

Why don't we trust God?

We try to do things on our own without praying and wonder why we fail.
John 15:4-5
<sup>4</sup>"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

<sup>5</sup>"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
Heads up! Make this year and every year to come the acceptable year of the Lord.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
2ndAmendment said:
We trust people we do not know every day with our lives. We drive the highways with cars around us doing 50, 60, and more. On coming cars coming at us at the same speeds. Some of us trust pilots to fly airplanes we ride in. Some trust bus drivers. These people have our lives in their hands.
Why don't we trust God?

I don't think I would call it trust, it's not like we have a choice.
I think I would call it. Evolution..Adapting to our environment.

Unfortunately.. with modern evolution we forget that we live in God's environment.

Perhaps we have become too impressed with our own accomplishments.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
gumbo said:
I don't think I would call it trust, it's not like we have a choice.
I think I would call it. Evolution..Adapting to our environment.

Unfortunately.. with modern evolution we forget that we live in God's environment.

Perhaps we have become too impressed with our own accomplishments.
That is predicted.
Romans 1:18-25

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.

20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing to be wise, they became fools,

23and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Through evolution, has man became his own creature?
With our great knowledge in science and our growing social acceptances of immorality,who needs God. :sarcasm:
Did we except science over God, so we can live with a clear conscience for our immoral behavior.

Or because of our immoral behavior, did we except man,s science over God?

What ever the case maybe. "Man's modern evolution" has a very strong need to clear God from the conscience of those new to the world!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
gumbo said:
Through evolution, has man became his own creature?
With our great knowledge in science and our growing social acceptances of immorality,who needs God. :sarcasm:
Did we except science over God, so we can live with a clear conscience for our immoral behavior.

Or because of our immoral behavior, did we except man,s science over God?

What ever the case maybe. "Man's modern evolution" has a very strong need to clear God from the conscience of those new to the world!
The falling away of belief in God is prophesied. There will be fewer and fewer believers as the day of Christ's return approaches until believers will be persecuted and put to death. It will be illegal to believe in God.

It is strange that most people want their children christened when they are born but never take them to church; people want to get married in a church but never go to one after that, except maybe Christmas and Easter; and want prayers said over the body of a dead family member even though that family member may never have believed in God.

Sorry folks. It does not work that way. Now don't get me wrong. There are death bed conversions but they are not the norm in my experience. Belief in God and making Jesus Savior and Lord is a life long journey. At death, the time of choice is over and the soul's eternal destination has already been sealed; heaven or hell. This is "sugar coated" far too often by those trying to comfort people.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
2ndAmendment said:
The falling away of belief in God is prophesied. There will be fewer and fewer believers as the day of Christ's return approaches until believers will be persecuted and put to death. It will be illegal to believe in God.
It's already getting to that point....Shhhhhhhh don't say God in public.
One fact that is undeniable.. God has been the moral fiber of man and many countries, including our own. Belief in God has been working this long.
If it' isn't broke. Why fix it.
But then again ! Being that it was prophesied in the Bible.
Wouldn't that make it our predestined destiny?

There are death bed conversions but they are not the norm in my experience. Belief in God and making Jesus Savior and Lord is a life long journey. At death, the time of choice is over and the soul's eternal destination has already been sealed; heaven or hell. This is "sugar coated" far too often by those trying to comfort people.
I have thought of this often, being that I know both sides and choose to sit upon the fence. Which I also know isn't going to cut it.
I also know that if there is the slightest doubt, that won't cut it either.
The longer one waits, the slimier the chance.
Waiting for the day until one is terminally ill to repent, is like buying a life insurance policy after the fact, "neither work".

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
:yay: You are right Gumbo.

The general outcome of history is predestined and there are a few people that were created for a specific purpose, but by and large, people's decisions are made by free will. God may know the outcome already since all of time is His present.

Last edited: