Ricks Cheesesteak @ Wildwood

lee-r.

My first time there… I stopped in for lunch today with a buddy. We each had a small cheese-steak, a couple of sodas, and we split a basket of fries. The bill was $22.54, hardly worth it. The sandwich was greasy the cheese was overwhelming. The small portion of fries wasn’t worth the $3.99 they charged. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!! Did I catch them on a bad day or is this their norm??

MMDad

Lem Putt
lee-r. said:
My first time there… I stopped in for lunch today with a buddy. We each had a small cheese-steak, a couple of sodas, and we split a basket of fries. The bill was $22.54, hardly worth it. The sandwich was greasy the cheese was overwhelming. The small portion of fries wasn’t worth the $3.99 they charged. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!! Did I catch them on a bad day or is this their norm??

Sounds like the only time I went there when they opened. Sounds like they haven't changed.

BuddyLee

Football addict
lee-r. said:
My first time there… I stopped in for lunch today with a buddy.
No you didn't. By the way, there's only enough room for one Lee around these parts.

lee-r said:
We each had a small cheese-steak, a couple of sodas, and we split a basket of fries. The bill was $22.54, hardly worth it. The sandwich was greasy the cheese was overwhelming. The small portion of fries wasn’t worth the $3.99 they charged. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!! Did I catch them on a bad day or is this their norm
I went there tonight and they pretty much sucked. It was all cheese and no meat, blah. I remember when they first opened, you could barely eat half a sub. Now it resembles a flat McDonald's burger.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Wow. Sounds like a different place than I went to. Sharon and I have always only got one large fry and split it since it was so big. We always order the regular steak and cheese since the deluxe had so much meat and stuff on it you couldn't see the bun.

We haven't been in the last couple of months, but if they have changed like that guess there is not reason to go back. I think remaxrealtor owns/is related to owner, so she may be the best person to answer this.

I know I won't go back to Five Guys; small burgers and way too expensive for what you get.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Just got back from eating at Rick's. Yummy! I ordered a regular cheesesteak and it was huge! I'm saving the other half for dinner. :biggrin: The fries were yummy, and Rick was super-nice and tentative! Will definitely go back!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Chasey_Lane said:
Just got back from eating at Rick's. Yummy! I ordered a regular cheesesteak and it was huge! I'm saving the other half for dinner. :biggrin: The fries were yummy, and Rick was super-nice and tentative! Will definitely go back!
:gossip: is correct - it should be attentive; not tentative. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll have to remember to stop in next time I'm in town. I do love a cheesesteak and Remax knows I'll tell her honestly what I think.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
I'll have to remember to stop in next time I'm in town. I do love a cheesesteak and Remax knows I'll tell her honestly what I think.

She knows I will, too. She doesn't like it when you do tell her, though. :ohwell:

R

remaxrealtor

elaine said:
She knows I will, too. She doesn't like it when you do tell her, though. :ohwell:

There is nothing I appreciate more than honesty, as anyone who knows me will tell you. There were some recent criticisms on here about the restaurant, and we are working very hard to fix those issues. The restaurant business is tough. Turnover is constant, good people are hard to find and the quality of products fluctuates. If my customers aren't honest with me, I don't know what needs fixing! Thanks to Chasey for the kudos, they are appreciated as well :huggy: .

Elaine, on the other hand....you are a negative, miserable individual who looks for something or someone to talk down about. I had simply mentioned in a previous post that if you had something nice to say OCCASIONALLY, people may be more receptive to your criticisms. I'm sorry that something in your past has caused such bitter animosity in you. May I suggest therapy....and a cheessteak :howdy: .

R

remaxrealtor

elaine said:
If the therapy costs less than your cheese steak sub, I might consider it. :yay:
The cheesesteak is pro bono if it would turn that cranky little frown upside down :razz:.