So I park next to the county cop at Charlotte Hall McDonalds tonight and he's

Pandora

I bet it isn't your tax dollars at work. The cops have worked part-time there on the weekends ever since I can remember.

MMDad

Lem Putt
roxie said:
sitting in his car watching a movie on his laptop. Our tax dollars hard at work.
Was he on duty? Or on his dinner break? Did you ask?

Our tax dollars hard at work.

Do you know what these people earn? You absolutely have the right to expect what you pay for. Pay janitor wages, what do you get?

fttrsbeerwench

Pandora said:
I bet it isn't your tax dollars at work. The cops have worked part-time there on the weekends ever since I can remember.
The cops do that in lots of places, I admit, I feel better knowing that if I have to go to Sheetz late at night, especially on a Saturday night, there will be an officer there just in case.

fttrsbeerwench

MMDad said:
Do you know what these people earn? You absolutely have the right to expect what you pay for. Pay janitor wages, what do you get?
Some of the cops that do that, have to get part time jobs. I know a cop in PG county who lives in a trailer. I'm certainly not knocking trailers, but I would think a police officer would get paid enough to at least have a nice little home to live in. He has a part time job and his wife works too.

MMDad

Lem Putt
fttrsbeerwench said:
Some of the cops that do that, have to get part time jobs. I know a cop in PG county who lives in a trailer. I'm certainly not knocking trailers, but I would think a police officer would get paid enough to at least have a nice little home to live in. He has a part time job and his wife works too.
They make crap wages, yet we expect them to put their lives on the line and be professional. I believe we should double their salaries, then fire the ones who are unprofessional. We would end up better off: better law enforcement by fewer officers, less crime, and safer.

fttrsbeerwench

MMDad said:
They make crap wages, yet we expect them to put their lives on the line and be professional. I believe we should double their salaries, then fire the ones who are unprofessional. We would end up better off: better law enforcement by fewer officers, less crime, and safer.
I couldn't agree more.. Look at all the cops we have working over time in the county this week alone with the number of accidents.. I could never deal with the aweful crap they go through on a daily basis. Seeing the stuff they see. They take alot of crap, they aren't given due credit or respect for doing a job not many people could do.

K

Kain99

These are men and women with their lives on the line.... MY son will be among them soon. I am sick to death of the disrespect and ignorance of the general retarded public.

First time Roxie hears a scary noise in the middle of the night betcha she's dialing 911 for her saviors.

Think about it girl.

fttrsbeerwench

My cousin was married to a cop for a long time...I could compare it to being married to a crazy drunk or a drug addict, in that you never really know what's going to happen next, when or if he's coming home, or what toll it's taking on him personally. That's a very hard thing to look forward to everyday. I worry so much as it is, so I doubt I could take it.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
My little brother is at the police academy in Baltimore right now. Will with a badge and a gun is a scary thought.

fttrsbeerwench

Pandora said:
My father was a homicide detective in DC for many years. He would come home in the nastiest of moods and take his stress out on his family. I swore I would NEVER marry a police officer, and I didn't. I married an electrician who came home one day and said "I am going into the police academy 2-weeks." :confused:

I said “just like that?” Being well aware that he couldn’t have “just” applied if he was going into the academy in 2-weeks. I was furious because he applied BEFORE we got married and never told me. It took me roughly 14-years to get over that. :lol: Meaning it wasn’t too long ago that I finally accepted that it is his job and I either have to like it or leave. It isn’t “Let’s Make a Deal” because it is what it is and now, I’m fairly acclimated to being on my own most of the time due to his hours and I wouldn’t want some guy who is always home the same time I'm home. I don't think I could handle that. :lol: Not now.

Anyway, he is a really good guy so he is worth the wait, even if it is until 2 and 3 in the morning.
Sounds like you are a good woman... More power to you :huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MysticalMom said:
My little brother is at the police academy in Baltimore right now. Will with a badge and a gun is a scary thought.
I know how you feel. My little brother is Security Forces in the Air Force (essentially military police, however they are starting to train SF for combat - i.e. Iraq) and it's strange to think of him as being an authority figure. He used to be extreeeeeeeeeeeemely laid back. :lol: