7" Shads

Caution

Caught 6 fish today on 7" shads.

Anyone have a line one where I can get more of these?

Guy we got these from is out of the country for a while so can not get them through him for a while. He makes them.

Last edited:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Caught 6 fish today on 7" shads.

Anyone have a line one where I can get more of these?

Guy we got these from is out of the country for a while so can not get them through him for a while. He makes them.
I'm pretty sure JJ Outdoors in Hughesville has them. I'll check on my way home tomorrow. Maybe Cartwrights Texaco in New Market too.

Were you using them behind a parachute?

I went out on the Potomac today in front of Waterloo near Coltons Point. Picked up two within 10 minutes then not another hit all day. Marked a LOT of bait and fish though.

Caution

I'm pretty sure JJ Outdoors in Hughesville has them. I'll check on my way home tomorrow. Maybe Cartwrights Texaco in New Market too.

Were you using them behind a parachute?

I went out on the Potomac today in front of Waterloo near Coltons Point. Picked up two within 10 minutes then not another hit all day. Marked a LOT of bait and fish though.

Ya the pic here shows the setup.
http://forums.somd.com/outdoor-recreation/282355-4-box-2.html#post5292758

I have an email out to the guy that makes our stuff and hopefully he'll get back to us soon. But those things were HOT on our boat today. If we had 10 poles rigged with those things we could have had 10 fish in the first hour or two I am sure.

We were at the mouth of the Potomac and so was everyone else or so it seemed. Must have been 30 boats just outside the mouth trolling and jigging and another 30 inside the mouth. Birds were flying all over the place. We do OK but not as well as others because we were running planer boards and we were not trying to go into the mass of boats and maneuver with those things out. We still had a great day. Caught about 15 and kept 7. Pics in the other post I made today.

About 12:30 things really slowed down and I started heading out to the Target Ship. About 3/4 the way there I saw a few boats working the bay channel with birds and started their way but by this time it was just after 2 and one of our ride alongs got a phone call and said he was hoping to be somewhere by 4. (I was thinking you better start swimming now you SOB :killingme). But we had all had a long day by then and seven was nothing to sneeze at for our efforts so we packed it in and headed for the ramp.