7 year marriages?

If marriages were a 7 year term

• I would have renewed and we would still be married.

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • It was nice but it was time to trade in.

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Well, since marriage #1 lasted a little over 10 years and marriage #2 lasted just shy of 5 years, I'd have to say I like the concept. :lol:

But then again, I've resolved myself to the fact that I'm not marriage material. :shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
nachomama said:
Well, since marriage #1 lasted a little over 10 years and marriage #2 lasted just shy of 5 years, I'd have to say I like the concept. :lol:

But then again, I've resolved myself to the fact that I'm not marriage material. :shrug:
Don't give up yet. JPC is looking for a wife. Just think how easy your commute would be if you lived on Capitol Hill!

oldman

Lobster Land
Both my marriages lasted 11 years. If we'd split at 7 I think we could be on better terms than we are now. Not that they hate or won't speak to me, but they sure don't want to be around me nor I them. Now the only honey-do list is one I make up for myself and I'm not pushy about getting them done.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
:shrug: We passed 7 over 4 years ago and still going strong...as long as I remember to keep emptying the dishwasher :lmao:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Hubby and I just celebrated our 7 year anniversary yesterday, so it's been 7 years and one half of a day. I still want to keep him around, so I guess the 7 year term is too short for me!

Pete

Repete
otter said:
1 yr followed by 6 option yrs.
Which begs the question.....How do you inform your spouse that you are refusing to exercise the option year? Have your lawyer contact her lawyer?

It might keep things fresh if each party knew that they had to maintain decency or get cut from the team. Mr. Lazy Slob might not be so lazy if he knew in a year he could get "let go" conversely Mrs. LifebloodsuckingCreaton might ease up off the nagging if she knew her option would be refused. :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pete said:
Which begs the question.....How do you inform your spouse that you are refusing to exercise the option year? Have your lawyer contact her lawyer?

It might keep things fresh if each party knew that they had to maintain decency or get cut from the team. Mr. Lazy Slob might not be so lazy if he knew in a year he could get "let go" conversely Mrs. LifebloodsuckingCreaton might ease up off the nagging if she knew her option would be refused. :shrug:
If they became either of those, it could be cause for termination for default. :coffee:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pete said:
You'd think it would work that way anyways, because as it stands you can cut and run whenever your little heart desires. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Nickel said:
You'd think it would work that way anyways, because as it stands you can cut and run whenever your little heart desires. :shrug:
Getting a divorce is a costly PITA. Just letting a contract run out would be easy. :shrug: