I have a question:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People put out food to attract birds, then get mad when squirrels or the wrong birds come and eat it.

Why?

"Sorry, squirrels and ugly birds - you guys have to starve because I only like the pretty birds."

This is rather Hitler-esque and Aryan, don't you think? :popcorn:

oldman

Lobster Land
vraiblonde said:
People put out food to attract birds, then get mad when squirrels or the wrong birds come and eat it.

Why?

"Sorry, squirrels and ugly birds - you guys have to starve because I only like the pretty birds."

I love squirrels but there is a reason it's called a bird feeder. I just lost a feeder due to a non-bird breaking it. I like ugly birds as well but the problem arises when the ugly ones come in flocks of 50 at a time. Bird seed isn't cheap and I compare providing it to ugly birds to my tax dollars going to people on welfare because they are to lazy to get a job. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with ugly birds nor people on welfare. Both have a place in this world - just not in my bank account.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I sprinkle seed all over my yard, and hang feeders. All birds/animals are welcome. I don't see many squirrels though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
oldman said:
I compare providing it to ugly birds to my tax dollars going to people on welfare because they are to lazy to get a job.
I see. So pretty birds provide something - "working" for their seed in some fashion. Perhaps because they're more attractive? And have better singing voices, so you think they're more deserving of food than unattractive animals that do not provide entertainment?

Interesting... :popcorn:

K

Kain99

vraiblonde said:
I see. So pretty birds provide something - "working" for their seed in some fashion. Perhaps because they're more attractive? And have better singing voices, so you think they're more deserving of food than unattractive animals that do not provide entertainment?

Interesting parallel huh?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

:clap:

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
I see. So pretty birds provide something - "working" for their seed in some fashion. Perhaps because they're more attractive? And have better singing voices, so you think they're more deserving of food than unattractive animals that do not provide entertainment? Interesting... :popcorn:
It's like ugly people shouldn't have convertibles. :shrug: What don't you understand? :confused:

oldman

Lobster Land
vraiblonde said:

The first thought that comes to mind is JPC, Sr. He doesn't work, he's not attractive, he doesn't have a popular voice and I'm paying taxes to support him. He does provide entertainment however. And sure ugly people should drive convertibles, just don't put the top down unless you're in your driveway making the vroom vroom noise. And what the heck does this have to do with bird feeders? Oh yes, give the ugly birds a forum on which they can profess their plight, they have been unjustly treated all their lives.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
vraiblonde said:

Why?

You bored V? :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think I might set up a squirrel feeder. I haven't seen any squirrels since we moved here. I miss them. :frown:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nickel said:
I think I might set up a squirrel feeder. I haven't seen any squirrels since we moved here. I miss them. :frown:
You're down south where the're considered good eats.