Auctions

jeneisen

Indy Bound
My sister used to go to these auction in our are that sold used house hold items and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these? She has gotten some really nice things from there. Can anyone help?

sunny

jeneisen,
I wish I would have logged in to So.Md.Forums before yesterday. Reason being, such an auction was held in Bushwood yesterday at 4 pm, I admit it was freezing cold out but I believe that was to our advantage, "not many bidders showed". Most items went in lots with lots added just to move the stuff and most lots went for only $2.00!, needless to say we cleaned up. They were selliing everything!, tractors, dishes, furniture, lawn mowers, old albums, beautiful antiques, you name it they had it. We had a great time!, mostly due to the fact that the people there were nice and easy going and $2.00 lots didn't hurt either. I picked up a flyer for the next auction it is Wed. May 29,2002 at 6pm,-preview starts at 4pm, it is an estate auction-(usually higher priced stuff) and according to the auctioneer the location will make the prices higher, it will be in Davidsonville, Maryland. Cleve Dixon the auctioneer said he will be back in this area in a couple of months. Also on the flyer, in small print, it says "Next auction June 12,2002" but dosen't name the location. As always with most auctions there is a 10% buyers premium which means that if you buy something lets say, oh I don't know for $2.00, it really cost you $2.20 and of course add sales tax, buyers premium is basically the auctioneers salary, so he works at getting the prices higher, when lots were not selling yesterday or selling if he combined them with other lots for only $2.00, Cleve kept commenting that he could get at least 110% more for the stuff if he was further north, which is where the next auction is, Davidsonville, which is close to Crofton/Annapolis area, so you might want to wait for another auction in this area. For more info here is the auctioneers phone number 240.604.7769