Jiffy Lube

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Broke my door handle, admit it, but refuse to reimburse the cost for repair. :boo: :boo:

They picked the WRONG biatch to attempt to bend-over. :SnapsInZFormation:

microcomputer

Life is good!
crabcake said:
Broke my door handle, admit it, but refuse to reimburse the cost for repair.QUOTE]

For what it is worth...you aren't alone...

Over the years I've only gone to JL twice.

1. The first time they strip'd the Oil Plug Nut and said they couldn't repair it (the car wasn't leaking when I took it in and was leaking when I took it out). It was obvious to me that they over tighten'd the nut. I took it back to the dealer and they used a plastic expansion nut to stop the leak.

2. The second time (another car) they disconnected a wire that caused my Engine Warning Light to stay on (car went in without the problem and came out with the problem). They couldn't find the problem and denied causing it - took it back to the dealer and they reconnected the wire (near the air cleaner)!

So - beware!

crabcake

In my case, their own video surveillance in the service bay SHOWS that it was broken in their possession while being service, yet he said if I can't prove it, all they're gonna do is give me coupons for future service. :duh:

I wouldn't wipe my backside with those coupons at this point. Poor customer service, hands down! It's not even about the money at this point -- it's the principle that the tech KNEW he broke it, didn't say squat, made up some :bs: to the manager, then told a different story to the customer service rep/district manager. AND they admit that they have it all on video! :liar:

I've got my stuff documented, and am turning it over to the local tv station to do one of those "on your side" investigative stories on them. Bastards! :burning:

Last edited:
W

Wenchy

crabcake said:
In my case, their own video surveillance in the service bay SHOWS that it was broken in their possession while being service, yet he said if I can't prove it, all they're gonna do is give me coupons for future service. :duh:

I wouldn't wipe my backside with those coupons at this point. Poor customer service, hands down! It's not even about the money at this point -- it's the principle that the tech KNEW he broke it, didn't say squat, made up some :bs: to the manager, then told a different story to the customer service rep/district manager. AND they admit that they have it all on video! :liar:

I've got my stuff documented, and am turning it over to the local tv station to do one of those "on your side" investigative stories on them. Bastards! :burning:

:yay:

http://forums.somd.com/showpost.php?p=1210341&postcount=3

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
Broke my door handle, admit it, but refuse to reimburse the cost for repair. :boo: :boo: They picked the WRONG biatch to attempt to bend-over. :SnapsInZFormation:
OMG don't use those losers!!! Go to a shop, Meineke, Midas, Dealer, ANYBODY but JL. :faint:

Do it yerself fool! :razz:

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
OMG don't use those losers!!! Go to a shop, Meineke, Midas, Dealer, ANYBODY but JL. :faint:

Do it yerself fool! :razz:
Actually, in the midst of all this, I found a great shop less than a mile from my office to handle this stuff in the future ... the place I posted about in the car section the other day. :yay: Can't beat being able to kill time surfing the web while you get something done to your car. :lol:

crabcake

Thank You for contacting the ABC 11 Eyewitness News Troubleshooter. We've received your e-mail and will look into your problem. Should we decide to do a story on your problem we will contact you as soon as possible.
:evil: :rubbinghandstogether:

Next stop, BBB.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I stopped at Jiffy Lube on my way to work one day when my oil light came on. They told me I had a leak and my oil holder was empty. They filled it with oil, gave me two quarts to take with me so I could make it to my mechanic, and they didn't charge me a cent! :biggrin:

crabcake

K_Jo said:
I stopped at Jiffy Lube on my way to work one day when my oil light came on. They told me I had a leak and my oil holder was empty. They filled it with oil, gave me two quarts to take with me so I could make it to my mechanic, and they didn't charge me a cent! :biggrin:
My previous oil change was done at this same location, and I couldn't have had friendlier, more helpful service. They did my oil change, inspection, even replaced my license plates for me. :shrug:

This was almost a fluke thing that happened; it's their handling of it that has me torqued! :mad:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
Perhaps, but it'll make me happy to appropriately place their names in a negative light where ever I can. :biggrin:
Crap. I thought you were pissed at Bed, Bath and Beyond, too. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I JUST heard a horror story about a Jiffy Lube in your area. I can't remember the details, but it wasn't pretty. The dude was basically stranded on the side of the road after their faulty work (like, on the way home from Jiffy Lube), and had to call Corporate to get someone to drive out and correct his problem.

crabcake

There are more than 90 complaints against Jiffy Lube listed on the BBB site for store's covered by Lucor, Inc. (JL parent co.) alone! UFB! :shocking:

Someone :smack: me for taking my damn vehicle to them! :frown:

W

Wenchy

crabcake said:
There are more than 90 complaints against Jiffy Lube listed on the BBB site for store's covered by Lucor, Inc. (JL parent co.) alone! UFB! :shocking:

Someone :smack: me for taking my damn vehicle to them! :frown:

:smack: for not reading the posting I made back in November.

crabcake

Wenchy said:
:smack: for not reading the posting I made back in November.
That's about the same time I had my previous oil change, and had excellent service from this very store ... different technician though. :ohwell:

W

Wenchy

crabcake said:
That's about the same time I had my previous oil change, and had excellent service from this very store ... different technician though. :ohwell:

Well, you tried to correct the issue on the local level, and you are moving forward...they have no idea who/what they are dealing with. :lmao:

My experience happened over 20 years ago, but is still fresh in my mind. I was alone, and broken down (at night) because of JL. Not cool.

I should have called the franchise to let them know, but I just decided to go elsewhere in the future.

crabcake

Wenchy said:
...they have no idea who/what they are dealing with. :lmao:
:yeahthat: You got that right! :lol: What's sad is that -- if left up to the store manager -- I bet this would've been resolved immediately. He was really nice, apologetic, and let on that this specific tech wasn't his "best apple". Instead, thanks to corporate :bs:, it must be escalated to "regional/district customer service", who has ROYALLY pissed me off! So I've fired off emails to the regional manager (above the dudes I talked to), the corporate HQ in Houston, another corporate office in Omaha, and the local "on your side/investigative" team at the ABC station here. I tried the BBB site to file a complaint, but their site isn't operating right, so I'll have to call them on Monday. :ohwell: