American Idol/Queen

just.me

I heard the contestants were gonna sing Queen songs tonight...How do you all think they are gonna do? I can't see Bucky or Kelly doing very well.....

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
just.me said:
I heard the contestants were gonna sing Queen songs tonight...How do you all think they are gonna do? I can't see Bucky or Kelly doing very well.....
:yeahthat: I do not think it will be Kelly's night......

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
just.me said:

I think it is going to be Chris's night! :drool:

Toxick

Splat
just.me said:

I think Bucky can pull it off if he picks the right song. It's all about song choice tonight. Picking songs is Bucky's weakness IMO.

The good thing about Queen is that their music is so diverse. The bad thing about Queen is that their singer was Freddie Murcury. Bad for the contestants, I mean. Because Mercury's voice was so clear, distinct, strong and incredible that it's going to be hard to stand up against that.

Bucky should go for a song along the lines of "Keep Yourself Alive" or "Tie Your Momma Down".

Kellie is going to have a harder time, because she's going to have to drop the country act if she wants to survive. If she does something mild like "You're My Best Friend" or "Save Me" she has a shot.

donbarzini

Toxick said:
Kellie is going to have a harder time, because she's going to have to drop the country act if she wants to survive. If she does something mild like "You're My Best Friend" or "Save Me" she has a shot.

According to USA Today, Kellie is going to do a "countrified" version of Freddie's solo from "Bohemian Rhapsody"......uh ohhhh.....

It didn't say what Bucky was gonna do, but the Jay Leno look-alike(Taylor?) is gonna try "Crazy Little Thing Called Love.".

Toxick

Splat
donbarzini said:
According to USA Today, Kellie is going to do a "countrified" version of Freddie's solo from "Bohemian Rhapsody"......uh ohhhh.....

I was hoping that I could go the whole night without hearing that song. It is so freakin' played out.

And a countrified version? :barf:

donbarzini said:
Jay Leno look-alike(Taylor?) is gonna try "Crazy Little Thing Called Love.".

That is a very good song choice for him.

just.me

donbarzini said:

It didn't say what Bucky was gonna do, but the Jay Leno look-alike(Taylor?) is gonna try "Crazy Little Thing Called Love.".

Taylor made a good choice, then. I think that will suit his voice. I love Bohemian Rhapsody. But I think sweet lil'ole Kelly is really gonna be over her head on this one....Can't you all see her doing "I Want To Ride My Bicycle"? :lmao:

camily

Peace
Toxick said:
I was hoping that I could go the whole night without hearing that song. It is so freakin' played out.

And a countrified version? :barf:

That is a very good song choice for him.
It would be just as bad as the Dixie Chicks version of Landslide. I hate that version! Then again, I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan.

SamSpade

Toxick said:
And that's probably the part about American Idol I don't care for - in real life, real music stars don't "diversify". Country stars sing country; rock stars sing rock and rap artists do rap. That's it. The most ridiculous thing of the 70's and 80's was when artists tried to do punk or disco, and it wasn't their thing.

Sure, it shows they have talent - but it still creeps me out a bit to see Pat Boone all decked out - and I wouldn't like Ol' Blue Eyes any less if he couldn't sing "My Way" as hip-hop.

camily

Peace
SamSpade said:
And that's probably the part about American Idol I don't care for - in real life, real music stars don't "diversify". Country stars sing country; rock stars sing rock and rap artists do rap. That's it. The most ridiculous thing of the 70's and 80's was when artists tried to do punk or disco, and it wasn't their thing.

Sure, it shows they have talent - but it still creeps me out a bit to see Pat Boone all decked out - and I wouldn't like Ol' Blue Eyes any less if he couldn't sing "My Way" as hip-hop.
Exactly! I hate that too.