72 acre development in Ridge?

joedancer

bookman
Does anyone know about this? 10 homes on 72 acres built by Millison. There was a hearing last week that I missed. The entrance will be on Fresh Pond Neck Road. I am concerned about the impact.

joedancer

bookman
not one response?

I posted this yesterday, and although 70 people read it, no one commented. Either you already knew about it and don't care, or didn't know and don't care. It seems to me a development the size of this so far south of the base is a first for this area. Oh well...
Joe

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
10 homes on 72 acres doesn't seem like any impact at all. Maybe if they were putting the section 8 housing on the 72 acres I could see an impact but that isn't the case. Maybe I am :confused: , but what do you think will happen after they build and occupy these 10 farmettes? Do you think the extra 20 or so vehicles travelling down south will over extend the roads, cause a need for a fast food place, or God forbid, they might have to install a traffic light?

I just don't get it.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Do you know where in Ridge this will be going???? The only impact I could foresee is if this 72 acres was critical area, where 1 dwelling per 20 acres is permitted, thus allowing only 3 dwellings not 10. But with only 10 dwellings being proposed, this would allow about a 7 acre lot per home which isn't too much of an impact, or at least I don't think considering the 1/3 and 1/4 acre lots you receive with most subdivisions.:shrug:

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by tys_mommy
Do you know where in Ridge this will be going???? The only impact I could foresee is if this 72 acres was critical area, where 1 dwelling per 20 acres is permitted, thus allowing only 3 dwellings not 10. But with only 10 dwellings being proposed, this would allow about a 7 acre lot per home which isn't too much of an impact, or at least I don't think considering the 1/3 and 1/4 acre lots you receive with most subdivisions.:shrug:

It will be on Fresh Pond Neck Road. And, 55 acres of it is critical land. And Ken, if you have ever been on Fresh Pond neck and the intersection with Point Lookout Road, you would see that 20 more vehicles will be quite a lot for this small area to handle.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by joedancer
It will be on Fresh Pond Neck Road. And, 55 acres of it is critical land. And Ken, if you have ever been on Fresh Pond neck and the intersection with Point Lookout Road, you would see that 20 more vehicles will be quite a lot for this small area to handle.
Yeah, I've been down there and no 20 cars do not make an impact, unless driving in very thick fog.

If you don't want them there buy the land yourself and do as you see fit. Mapping out the tracts could be done in such a way as to leave the critical area undisturbed and still have room to add the houses. But I realize that you want your serenity protected by denying the owner the right to develop and sell their property.

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by cariblue
Hey, vrai! I think we found your tree hugging, granola muncher. :biggrin:

Thats what I love about this board, it reminds me of nursery school... What does a comment like this have to do with anything?

Chrystee

Originally posted by Ken King
10 homes on 72 acres doesn't seem like any impact at all. Maybe if they were putting the section 8 housing on the 72 acres I could see an impact but that isn't the case. Maybe I am :confused: , but what do you think will happen after they build and occupy these 10 farmettes? Do you think the extra 20 or so vehicles travelling down south will over extend the roads, cause a need for a fast food place, or God forbid, they might have to install a traffic light?

I just don't get it.

Rofl.. No kidding. :confused: Not like its the section 8 Bay ridge townhomes going up by Cedar Cove, thats gonna make a bigger impact.

L

libragirl

Originally posted by Chrystee
Rofl.. No kidding. :confused: Not like its the section 8 Bay ridge townhomes going up by Cedar Cove, thats gonna make a bigger impact.
what does section 8 have to do with anything? or did i miss something :confused:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by libragirl
what does section 8 have to do with anything? or did i miss something :confused:
You missed it, up above I said, "10 homes on 72 acres doesn't seem like any impact at all. Maybe if they were putting the section 8 housing on the 72 acres I could see an impact but that isn't the case."

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Ken King
Yeah, I've been down there and no 20 cars do not make an impact, unless driving in very thick fog.

If you don't want them there buy the land yourself and do as you see fit. Mapping out the tracts could be done in such a way as to leave the critical area undisturbed and still have room to add the houses. But I realize that you want your serenity protected by denying the owner the right to develop and sell their property.

I agree with you on this Ken. I dont think 20 cars even go up and down that highway in one day. The only thing they really have to worry about is dodgeing the tumbleweed:wink:

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by BuddyLee
I agree with you on this Ken. I dont think 20 cars even go up and down that highway in one day. The only thing they really have to worry about is dodgeing the tumbleweed:wink:

The point is the exit and entrance is not on route 5 but on Fresh pond neck road.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I would LOVE to find some property (5 acres or so) down at the south end of the county. It seems like one of the only "untouched" areas in the county. Anyone know of property for sale down there?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
:clap: Nice one, Cari. Got a good chuckle out of me.

Now for the newb question -- might be different regional lingo for it -- what is "section 8"? Is that Title based low income housing or military based?