St. Mary's Landing Apartments

watercolor

yeah yeah
Pro's / Con's? Anyone ever live there? Anyone like it or dislike it? Ever heard complaints or not?

Just wondering. Thank you.

H

Heretic

A friend of mine lives there....its heating cooling system is like that of a motel rooms, one unit under the window. Its not a bad place though, you can do far worse in Lexington Park.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
:yeahthat: (What Heretic said) I've known several people who have lived there, and they're definitely decent. I lived in Queen Anne for a while, too, and really loved it. I had a 2-bedroom for a year and a half, then moved to a 3-bedroom for another year and a half. Nice sized apartments, and great balconies!

jeneisen

Indy Bound
You should try Foxchase. I haven't lived there in years but when I did it was sort of rent controlled (not welfare, but not overpriced) and they were decent. I have heard they are still nice but I am not sure about what kind of people you get there. I think you can get an apartment there for around 700 or so but I could be wrong.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Originally posted by jeneisen
You should try Foxchase. I haven't lived there in years but when I did it was sort of rent controlled (not welfare, but not overpriced) and they were decent. I have heard they are still nice but I am not sure about what kind of people you get there. I think you can get an apartment there for around 700 or so but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't do Foxchase. I think that's turned into Section 8 apartments.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Re: St. Mary's Landing Apartments

Originally posted by cariblue
Is that on Pegg Rd?

Yea they are. Well you can get to them through Pegg or from great mills road. It is behind the Pax River Business park....right up from the driving range and that little flower shop

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
If you look in the papers you may get lucky and find somebody who owns their own apartment. Not a complex, but you may get more for your money and chances are, it could be in a nice secluded area where you won't have to worry about the neighbors, etc. I knew a lot of people who had apartments over their garages, etc. which were very nice, for less money. You never know.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Actually we we live in a basement apartment right now....and we are really sorry that we did it. It was fine since it was our first time out (well my second) But....it just feels like you are living in someones house. Also the other reason is that our landlords dont know what they are doing in the maintence department (not saying all apartment complexes do either.) But its better to have it on call than having to be dealing with working around their sked.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
very true. i guess there are pros and cons about living in any apartment complex. depends on how ya look at it, and what is more important.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Talk to a realtor and look into renting a house. It may take a little while, but something will come up. We got a GREAT deal last year on a rental in the ranch club. A great 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom rambler for a steal of a deal. And a GREAT landlord too!