Got a Flat Roof?

willie

A Fire Dept. official (P.G. I think) just advised that you better get the snow off your flat roof because when it melts it will get much heavier.

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
How could it be heavier, isn't it just in a different form? The mass changes but the weight would remain the same right????

iceeyes9

Born and Bred Hillybilly
I just read an article, I think the cause for concern comes in when rain falls on top of snow thus doubleing the weight!

willie

Originally posted by iceeyes9
I just read an article, I think the cause for concern comes in when rain falls on top of snow thus doubleing the weight!

I wasn't being fair to the guy because that is what he meant but that isn't what he said.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by iceeyes9
How could it be heavier, isn't it just in a different form? The mass changes but the weight would remain the same right????
Close - mass is constant. Weight is a function of gravity. That's why you weigh less on the moon but have the same mass as here on earth and anywhere else for that matter. Not sure what happens if you travel through a black hole. I think your mass becomes infinite :bawl:

S

ShellyCW

I thought this thread was a joke about the Flat Tops when I first saw the title. :bubble:

willie

Originally posted by Admin
Close - mass is constant. Weight is a function of gravity. That's why you weigh less on the moon but have the same mass as here on earth and anywhere else for that matter. Not sure what happens if you travel through a black hole. I think your mass becomes infinite :bawl:

I think if you travel through that black hole you will get your mASS compacted out of existence.

Last edited: