Pitt Bull Mix attacks 5 year old

mainman

Set Trippin
I feel sorry for the little girl too, I'm sure the dog was unprovoked and bit her for no reason though...

misslady67

Masey said:
This is why I will never own a pitt bull and/or a pitt bull mix.

That poor little girl.

Link to story

This is a tragic story. However, dogs only know what they are taught. I have a pit/lab mix and I adore her. :razz: She is the best dog I have ever owned...and I take ownership seriously. I hate when people talk bad about ANY breed. It's the owners that should be investigated!!! Why was this dog not trained properly, has the dog been abused, has the dog been taught to be aggressive, did the dog have aggressive tendencies in the past, and I could go one and on with the questions. :whistle:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
It's well documented that Lab-hybrid offspring are dangerous. I don't see why anybody has a need for a single purpose dog like a Labrador retriever that was bred and trained for one specific purpose... The barbaric "sport" of hunting. Is it any wonder that a cross between a scientifically bred Labrador Retriever and some mut would turn out dangerous?

What's next? Will somebody cross Labs and hamsters? Can you imagine a vicious single purpose dog bred for violence crossed with a rodent who's teeth never EVER stop growing?! :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Lugnut said:
What's next? Will somebody cross Labs and hamsters? Can you imagine a vicious single purpose dog bred for violence crossed with a rodent who's teeth never EVER stop growing?! :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:
Chasey and I are working on a Catahoula/Chihuahua hybrid. It will smell like fritos and eat lots of tacos. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
I have a cat that will rip your toes off. I wonder if she has some pit bull in her. :shrug:
Someone thought my puppy was a pitt bull, and he doesn't even look like one. :shrug: If anything, I'd say he looks and acts like a baby deer. :lmao:

HunterJJD

If the topic said Lab bites kids face off or poodle, who would read it?

Post a pic of the dog, most "Pit attacks" look nothing like a pit. The word "Pit" wins court cases and sells papers

Like stated before, I bet the little kid was sleeping and the dog just walked by and grabed it by the head. Never once did the kid mess with the dog

Yes I am sad for the kid, it is a sad thing to have happened. But lets look at what is going to happen.
Story says this happened at day care, dog lives at day care. Well she is out of a job, her pet will be killed in ten days, and will have a law suit or two to deal with because the newpaper had to publish that her "pit" attacked this kid, not bite, not hung a tooth into but ATTACKED

I hate people and can not wait till I am voted President of all the legal and illegal immigrants of the US :love:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
misslady67 said:
However, dogs only know what they are taught.
This is not true. We had a shepherd/boxer mix (or so said the ladies at the pound). We got him when he was 3 months old and he was never taught to be aggressive, nor were we abusive to him in any way. He was fine until he hit about 7 or 8 months, then he became fear-aggressive and would menace or downright attack anyone who came into our house. If anyone so much as walked past our house on the sidewalk, this dog went wild - growling and barking, teeth bared.

We had him with us all the time - he came to work with us and wasn't cooped up alone all day. But that had to stop because if someone came into the office, the dog would attack them.

So it's completely untrue that dogs only know what they're taught.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Did anyone hear about the bus driver in D.C. that was killed Saturday morning? I swear, I will never ever own a bus and/or a bus mix.