What gets out grease?

SamSpade

And I don't mean like, axle grease - I mean the everyday, ordinary hamburger grease type stuff. I must have a dozen or more bits of clothing with one of those darker marks where grease got on it, and seems to have taken up residence permanently. My wife is pretty much of the opinion that grease marks ARE pretty much permanent. I know that repeated washings do nothing, but I can't believe that NOTHING works. I'm not ready to throw away clothes because a drop of grease got on them.

Anything? Does anything get out grease that's been on the clothes a long time?

bcp

In My Opinion
there are a few commercial products out there for cleaning material that might work.
look for something with a high PH, around 11 would be good.
Try finding somewhere that sells cleaning supplies for carpet/furniture cleaners and see if they have some Chemspec 321. if you can find it mix it as directed and let the spot soak for a bit then wash it.
You can also try some of the enzyme cleaners that are on the market, these products are used to remove protien stains like blood, ketchup, grease, animal stains etc.. also found in the same type of store. I like Enzall by,, Chemspec.

however as indicated above, once it is washed a couple times that stain can become set and removal becomes harder.

misslady67

409...it works on all stains. I keep a bottle in the laundry room and just spray it on any stain or spot as soon as I notice it then wash clothes as normal and POOF the stains are gone!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
FancyBelle said:
Try greased lightening or spot shot. They are both great stain removers.
I was at Walmart this weekend and an employee was stocking the cleaning products. I asked him where the Greased Lightening was and he told me they stopped carrying it. THE NERVE.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I buy this bar of soap from Michael's found back by the paints and brushes. This stuff is awesome. I wanna say the name of it is Master's but it is in a beige wrapper with brown lettering. This stuff got aircraft grease out of my clothes.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
The best thing to use on food grease is dish soap. It is made to break down food grease and oils. Just soak the washable garment in a bucket with liquid dish saop and then wash in your washer with regular laundry soap

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
BS Gal said:
I was at Walmart this weekend and an employee was stocking the cleaning products. I asked him where the Greased Lightening was and he told me they stopped carrying it. THE NERVE.
BJ's has it by the gallons.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
chuckster said:
The best thing to use on food grease is dish soap. It is made to break down food grease and oils. Just soak the washable garment in a bucket with liquid dish saop and then wash in your washer with regular laundry soap
That actually sounds quite reasonable, I wonder why I never thought of it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jwwb2000 said:
I buy this bar of soap from Michael's found back by the paints and brushes. This stuff is awesome. I wanna say the name of it is Master's but it is in a beige wrapper with brown lettering. This stuff got aircraft grease out of my clothes.

Are you talking about Fels Naptha? GREAT stuff and one of the best stain removers around. :yay:

Another product to try is Shout Ultra Gel with the scrubber top on it. It's removed grease stains from my clothes with great results.