Sun Bumps

D

dems4me

Anyone ever get lots of little bumps all over (almost looking like poison ivy, however, not itchy) from the sun alone? :confused:

Mikeinsmd

dems4me said:
Anyone ever get lots of little bumps all over (almost looking like poison ivy, however, not itchy) from the sun alone? :confused:
I got them last year when I had sun poison.

morganj614

dems4me said:

If you put on sunscreen it could be a reaction to that.

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
If you put on sunscreen it could be a reaction to that.

No sunscreen, just a little burn, usually I get bigger bumps when its sun poisoning, throwing up and redish purple all over... this is just a normal burn on the arms is all.... but its weird, looks like little blister kind of bumps... kind of like when you use a match or a ciggerette and a peice flies off and leaves a bump with a raised yellow spot in the middle, kind of like that... but hard bumps, lots of them (about a hundred?)... no biggie, was just trying to figure out if it was the sun or what... :lol: THanks! :smile:

D

dems4me

Nickel said:
I am going to pretend you are making this up to get attention. :lalala:

:roflmao: Funny, I had flipped a coin (not a Nickel) to see if I'd post a thread about this or not... :roflmao: I was trying to make it seem like a friend had this but I think I blew it in my last post :banghead: :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I think I have a spot of eczema on my leg. Its about the size of a quarter welts up, itches, blisters then dries. The whole process lasts a couple weeks, it goes away with no trace of it ever being there. Then a few months later it comes back. First time I ever got it I thought it was a bug bite of some sorts but I've had it 3 or 4 times now in the same spot over the past couple years. Mom says its eczema. Mom is smart. She gave me some cortizone. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
dems4me said:
Precursor to skin cancer.

Skin cancer

Overview Symptoms Treatment Prevention Definition: Skin cancer is the uncontrolled growth of skin cells. If left unchecked, these cancer cells can spread from the skin into other tissues and organs.

There are different types of skin cancer. Basal cell carncinoma is the most common. Melanoma is less common, but more dangerous.

Alternative Names: Cancer - skin

Causes, incidence, and risk factors: The outer layer of skin, the epidermis, is made up of different types of cells. Skin cancers are classified by the types of epidermal cells involved:

• Basal cell carcinoma develops from abnormal growth of the cells in the lowest layer of the epidermis and is the most common type of skin cancer.
  • Squamous cell carcinoma involves changes in the squamous cells, found in the middle layer of the epidermis.
  • Melanoma occurs in the melanocytes (cells that produce pigment) and is less common than squamous or basal cell carcinoma -- but more dangerous. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease.
Skin cancers are sometimes classified as either melanoma or nonmelanoma. Basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma are the most common nonmelanoma skin cancers. Other nonmelanoma skin cancers are Kaposi's sarcoma, Merkel cell carcinoma, and cutaneous lymphoma.

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the Unites States. Known risk factors for skin cancer include the following:

• Complexion. Skin cancers are more common in people with light-colored skin, hair, and eyes.
  • Genetics. Having a family history of melanoma increases the risk of developing this cancer.
  • Age. Nonmelanoma skin cancers are more common after age 40.
  • Sun exposure and sunburn. Most skin cancers occur on areas of the skin that are regularly exposed to sunlight or other ultraviolet radiation. This is considered the primary cause of all skin cancers.
Skin cancer can develop in anyone, not only people with these risk factors. Young, healthy people -- even those with with dark skin, hair, and eyes -- can develop skin cancer.

</IMG>
Melanoma of the liver - MRI scan </IMG>
Skin cancer, malignant melanoma </IMG>
Skin cancer, raised multi-color melanoma </IMG>
Skin cancer, melanoma - flat, brown lesion </IMG>
Skin cancer, melanoma - raised, dark lesion </IMG>
Sentinel node biopsy </IMG>
Sun protection </IMG>
Skin </IMG>
Skin cancer, melanoma on the fingernail </IMG>
Skin cancer, close-up of lentigo maligna melanoma </IMG>
Skin cancer, close-up of level III melanoma </IMG>
Skin cancer, close-up of level IV melanoma </IMG>
Skin cancer, melanoma superficial spreading </IMG>
Melanoma - neck </IMG>
Malignant melanoma

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:
Dems, it's the Keratin (sp?) in your skin. Do a google search.

How can I if neither of us knows how its spelt :confused:

Dems and Pixie back in action :yay:

:killingme:

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:
I think I have a spot of eczema on my leg. Its about the size of a quarter welts up, itches, blisters then dries. The whole process lasts a couple weeks, it goes away with no trace of it ever being there. Then a few months later it comes back. First time I ever got it I thought it was a bug bite of some sorts but I've had it 3 or 4 times now in the same spot over the past couple years. Mom says its eczema. Mom is smart. She gave me some cortizone. :yay:

Awesome!!! That saves me from posting about a reoccurring itchy welt on my back!!! :lol: Thanks!!! Is cortizone somehting you can get otc in a cream or something?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
dems4me said:
How can I if neither of us knows how its spelt :confused:

Dems and Pixie back in action :yay:

:killingme:
:smack: Just type it in, if it's spelled wrong, google will come back with "Did you mean....".

I'm waiting on the thread where you tell us you had to have big chunks of your arm skin removed. :tap:

Pandora

rack'm said:
the wife is having cancer cut off her nose Thursday.....:yay:

:huggy:

Right now, everyone is baking in the sun thinking it will not happen to them. Well, it does happen and you really do have to watch that sun. I've learned.

They have a new sun block coming out that is going to put the others to shame. Sun block has to be reapplied constantly and this new stuff will be more effective with less applications.