Two Social Security numbers?

D

dems4me

I was on the phone this morning clearing up a financial matter/ a credit issue (ordering a service) and she wanted my Social Security number to do a credit check. I gave it to the lady on the phone. Then she asked if I had another social security number we could use in case that one has a low credit score. My question is, can people have two social security cards? I would certainly not think so after 911 and all but the lady on the phone said lots of people have two social security numbers. Is this true???? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
dems4me said:
I was on the phone this morning clearing up a financial matter/ a credit issue and she wanted my Social Security number to do a credit check. I gave it to the lady on the phone. Then she asked if I had another social security number we could use in case that one has a low credit score. My question is, can people have two social security cards? I would certainly not think so after 911 and all but the lady on the phone said lots of people have two social security numbers. Is this true???? :confused:
I don't know, sounds shady to me.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
dems4me said:
I was on the phone this morning clearing up a financial matter/ a credit issue and she wanted my Social Security number to do a credit check. I gave it to the lady on the phone. Then she asked if I had another social security number we could use in case that one has a low credit score. My question is, can people have two social security cards? I would certainly not think so after 911 and all but the lady on the phone said lots of people have two social security numbers. Is this true???? :confused:
Maybe she meant as a co-signer?

D

dems4me

Chasey_Lane said:

I told her NO, I didn't have another one and never heard of it :shrug: Maybe that is the reason - a co-signer or something:shrug:

Chasey_Lane said:
My bet is that is exactly what she was talking about.

When we bought our house, the loan was in my name only and we had the vast majority of our other debit in her name only. Was able to get us a much higher credit rating, and thus lower mortgage. We had the loan guy run the numbers with each SSN before we decided what to do.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
huntr1 said:
My bet is that is exactly what she was talking about.

When we bought our house, the loan was in my name only and we had the vast majority of our other debit in her name only. Was able to get us a much higher credit rating, and thus lower mortgage. We had the loan guy run the numbers with each SSN before we decided what to do.
Whey didn't you just give them your other SSN's...:shrug:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Can I borrow someone else's SSN? I'm refinancing, and I'd love to get the lowest possible FICO score possible to allow for the optimum interest rate.

D

dems4me

BadGirl said:
Can I borrow someone else's SSN? I'm refinancing, and I'd love to get the lowest possible FICO score possible to allow for the optimum interest rate.

Me too :mad: I'm done with mine, I'd like a new one please :biggrin:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dems4me said:
the lady on the phone said lots of people have two social security numbers. Is this true???? :confused:
Don't think you can legally have 2.
You might want to re-think doing business with somebody that thinks having multiple SSNs is OK.

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Don't think you can legally have 2.
You might want to re-think doing business with somebody that thinks having multiple SSNs is OK.

I know. My credit was good enough with my original social security card number when they ran the credit check. No need to open another social secuirty card :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

Chasey_Lane said:
I want to know how ordering service clears up a financial matter.

:lol: I didn't know how to phrase it, I'm ordering a service, but they needed to do a credit check in order to order the service so I considered it a matter of finance :shrug: The, I thought about it too much and confused myself :crazy: :lol: Does that answer your question?