This Evenings Dining Experience From Hell...

Angel

~*~*~
The Man and I decided to have dinner at The Roost this evening. I have been there twice in the past, years ago and the meals were good, so I figured dinner there tonight would be none the less. Apparently I was wrong. We ordered the Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps for an appetizer, 30 minutes later, we got our appetizer... plus a baby cockroach... :barf: SO the man takes the critter and his napkin to the bartender where she promptly grabs his napkin and smooshes the roach up in the napkin. He explains that we are leaving and to cancel our meal order, but we'll pay for our drinks. She was kind enough not to charge us for the roach or the drinks.

We were working on a time crunch because we were meeting friends for a movie, so we decide to grab some KFC. Quick right? Wrong... We stood in line for 10 minutes while the staff argued over who was busier because they were short staffed, mean while watching one of the cooks with a hat atop a 6 foot hair do, which clearly didn't meet US Health codes... So we left there too.

Our Popcorn at the movies dinner was delish though....

Anyway the point of my post is for several reasons; avoid The Roost, KFC, and thanks for letting me vent.

fttrsbeerwench

Angel said:
The Man and I decided to have dinner at The Roost this evening. I have been there twice in the past, years ago and the meals were good, so I figured dinner there tonight would be none the less. Apparently I was wrong. We ordered the Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps for an appetizer, 30 minutes later, we got our appetizer... plus a baby cockroach... :barf: SO the man takes the critter and his napkin to the bartender where she promptly grabs his napkin and smooshes the roach up in the napkin. He explains that we are leaving and to cancel our meal order, but we'll pay for our drinks. She was kind enough not to charge us for the roach or the drinks.

We were working on a time crunch because we were meeting friends for a movie, so we decide to grab some KFC. Quick right? Wrong... We stood in line for 10 minutes while the staff argued over who was busier because they were short staffed, mean while watching one of the cooks with a hat atop a 6 foot hair do, which clearly didn't meet US Health codes... So we left there too.

Our Popcorn at the movies dinner was delish though....

Anyway the point of my post is for several reasons; avoid The Roost, KFC, and thanks for letting me vent.

I feel your pain... I have worked in plenty of restaurants in the past, so I like to hink I know my stuff when it comes to service, presentation, healthy businesses and food. TWICE, I have literally come through the drive thru window and freaked out on the hood rat who was shlepping his way through another day at "work".
At KFC, I had a hair cooked IN to a chicken breast, when I dorve back around to the the window I handed him the box and he simply pulled the hair from it and handed it back to me.. I DON"T FRIGGIN THINK SO!!!!!
Then at McD's, I got bad mayo on a FiletO'Fish and no fries in my happy meals and the wrong salad all at once. So calmly tell the cashier that this is not right and she cussed me out, snatched the fod from my hand and then shoved it back at me again, but it was still not correct. I got out of my car and hopped up in to the window, yelling that I had hungry babies in here and someone better fetch me a manager before I smack your lousy employee in her gutter mouth. True story. THe only funny part is, I was sooooo mad by the time I was satisfied that I slammed my car in to drive and ran it in to that little retaining wall opposite the window. I didn't even care, I was in a blind rage.

I have since found Zen in not giving a shiat anymore..:eek:oohhhmmmmm:

Pandora

I was at the court house earlier today and there was an 82-year old women there charged with hitting a Burger King employee with her cane. She was upset about the service. :lmao:

She got PBJ.

If I was the judge, I might have considered dismissing the matter, at 82-years old, I guess she was fed up with poor service.

Angel

~*~*~
fttrsbeerwench said:
I feel your pain... I have worked in plenty of restaurants in the past, so I like to hink I know my stuff when it comes to service, presentation, healthy businesses and food. TWICE, I have literally come through the drive thru window and freaked out on the hood rat who was shlepping his way through another day at "work".
At KFC, I had a hair cooked IN to a chicken breast, when I dorve back around to the the window I handed him the box and he simply pulled the hair from it and handed it back to me.. I DON"T FRIGGIN THINK SO!!!!!
Then at McD's, I got bad mayo on a FiletO'Fish and no fries in my happy meals and the wrong salad all at once. So calmly tell the cashier that this is not right and she cussed me out, snatched the fod from my hand and then shoved it back at me again, but it was still not correct. I got out of my car and hopped up in to the window, yelling that I had hungry babies in here and someone better fetch me a manager before I smack your lousy employee in her gutter mouth. True story. THe only funny part is, I was sooooo mad by the time I was satisfied that I slammed my car in to drive and ran it in to that little retaining wall opposite the window. I didn't even care, I was in a blind rage.

I have since found Zen in not giving a shiat anymore..:eek:oohhhmmmmm:
:killingme I'm sorry... That's not funny, but it is... Thanks for helping me make light of it all.... :killingme

christy217

Hairy Toast and Papertowel Pepsi?

I had to post something after reading this. Tonight we go to IHOP, now even though they went through major renovations, they still aren't up to par, about 1/4 of the way through my Pepsi, I find a papertowel piece wrapped around a piece of ice.

I tell the waitress, she apologizes, doesn't charge any of us for our drinks and then brings me back a new Pepsi, I get my meal, everythings kosher, I get two pieces of toast, they cut them across there, not down the middle, so I've eaten 2 pieces, on my 3rd, when I notice it has a piece of hair on it, and not just hair, it is hair that has been buttered on, so someone had to have noticed it. I am anal and analytical about things, so then I start thinking, since they cut across and not down the middle, then I've already eaten its' twin, so the whole night I kept thinking I had hair in my mouth, I knew it was my mind playing tricks on me, but still, at this point, I threw in the towel.

I always get hosed at IHOP and Monterey, I've given up on them both. :barf:

fttrsbeerwench

I used to love IHOP...But even after the new managment took over, the food has bene :barf:

I always love my waitresses.. The last time I went the girlie gave my kiddo a fre order of swedish crepes to take home and try after talking about it with her.. :yay:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Well I was about to post a new thread about Pizza Hut in the park when I saw this one.

The hubby and I went to Pizza Hut in the Park this afternoon with the lil monster. A young black guy sat us and took our order (Nice guy)

Our Pizza comes and they are Beautiful!!! Like looking at the pictures on the menu.
The best pizza I have had in a long time. Service was not the great but the same guy was also the one making the pizza. So it was ok.

Pete

Repete
Tonight when Boy wasn't looking I put a hair on his steak. After reading this I didn't want him to be left out.

PrepH4U

fttrsbeerwench said:
I used to love IHOP...But even after the new managment took over, the food has bene :barf:

I always love my waitresses.. The last time I went the girlie gave my kiddo a fre order of swedish crepes to take home and try after talking about it with her.. :yay:
No more IHOP for us either!
Went there for a late lunch to celebrate the grandsons last day of school. Hint number one that something was wrong, when she looked into my empty coffee cup twice before she handed it to me.
My bacon was still uncooked on one side, didn't even look that the underside was put on the grill.
Daughter #1 got a sandwich with a nice looking cheese roll. Well upon closer inspection, it had mold spots on different places all over the roll. :barf: Flagged down the waitress and asked for a different kind of sandwich entirely. I asked her if she told the manager and she said yes he was back there, she proceeded to tell us the cook said see I told you we should have thrown those out. Then she remembered she was talking to customers and quickly changed the subject.
Stupid azzed manager didn't have the balls to even come to our table. Well he was eager enough to try and take our money. Acting like all was well with the world. Stupid mgr : "so how was everything" Nice Me: "we were the table that had your moldy bread do you really want to hear everything that was wrong"? He is so dumb he didn't have the common sense even to be embarrassed. He must be used to all the complaints! He tried to play it off and say oh the waitress didn't take that off your bill? Never never again!

fttrsbeerwench

PrepH4U said:
No more IHOP for us either!
Went there for a late lunch to celebrate the grandsons last day of school. Hint number one that something was wrong, when she looked into my empty coffee cup twice before she handed it to me.
My bacon was still uncooked on one side, didn't even look that the underside was put on the grill.
Daughter #1 got a sandwich with a nice looking cheese roll. Well upon closer inspection, it had mold spots on different places all over the roll. :barf: Flagged down the waitress and asked for a different kind of sandwich entirely. I asked her if she told the manager and she said yes he was back there, she proceeded to tell us the cook said see I told you we should have thrown those out. Then she remembered she was talking to customers and quickly changed the subject.
Stupid azzed manager didn't have the balls to even come to our table. Well he was eager enough to try and take our money. Acting like all was well with the world. Stupid mgr : "so how was everything" Nice Me: "we were the table that had your moldy bread do you really want to hear everything that was wrong"? He is so dumb he didn't have the common sense even to be embarrassed. He must be used to all the complaints! He tried to play it off and say oh the waitress didn't take that off your bill? Never never again!

I once drove all the way to The Roost to complain about my service to that drunk guy who hit all the bars in the county avery afternoon. Did you know he "ran" IHOP?:lmao:

Anywho, was the manager the kid who looks like BuddyLee, but gay?? :twitch:

He's sweet ,but stupid and I think he's in over his head. That place needs more staff and a real manager. My kids loved IHOP and what better place to go after you've swilled 20 shots of JD..
Oh yeah, they need better bathrooms.:whistle:

PrepH4U

fttrsbeerwench said:
I once drove all the way to The Roost to complain about my service to that drunk guy who hit all the bars in the county avery afternoon. Did you know he "ran" IHOP?:lmao:

Anywho, was the manager the kid who looks like BuddyLee, but gay?? :twitch:

He's sweet ,but stupid and I think he's in over his head. That place needs more staff and a real manager. My kids loved IHOP and what better place to go after you've swilled 20 shots of JD..
Oh yeah, they need better bathrooms.:whistle:
No this guy was late 20's I would guess, looked like a slug with a body to match. If he was a plumber, we would have seen his trademark with his baggy azzed pants hanging off his fat rump end! :lol: This guy has been there for awhile I was told. I heard he once told a couple that complained about service and food, "well next time go to Bob Evans"! He needs some serious people skills!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm going to inhale some pepper and sneeze on the next birthday cake I have to make for someone I don't like at work.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Pandora said:
I was at the court house earlier today and there was an 82-year old women there charged with hitting a Burger King employee with her cane. She was upset about the service. :lmao:

She got PBJ.

If I was the judge, I might have considered dismissing the matter, at 82-years old, I guess she was fed up with poor service.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: