Paint

C

czygvtwkr

Anyone have any experiences with Lowes "American Tradition" brand of paint?

Anyone ever use a paint pad instead of a roller? What did you think?

mainman

Set Trippin
czygvtwkr said:

What are you trying to paint with a paint pad? I have no experience with that brand of paint...

C

czygvtwkr

The walls inside of my house.

I remember my dad painting houses when he was unemployed when I was a kid and him telling me that the pad seemed to give a better finish.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
czygvtwkr said:

I have used that brand of paint before. Never had any problems with it. Never used a pad before though.

donbarzini

Lowe's paint is pretty good. I'd stick with a roller though. The pad loads up too quick and eventually you end up with major league dripping problems.

mainman

Set Trippin
czygvtwkr said:
The walls inside of my house.

I remember my dad painting houses when he was unemployed when I was a kid and him telling me that the pad seemed to give a better finish.
Hmmmmm.. How old is your house and how many times would you say its been painted? a 3/8 roller nap should be adequate for the inside of a home....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have used both.
Consumer Report usually rates the paint pretty highly and we've always had good success with it.

The paint pads work out okay but you have to be a little careful and make sure you don't leave streaks from the edges of the pad. They also seem to work best when you have very smooth walls. No splatter which makes it worth a try.

willie

donbarzini said:
Lowe's paint is pretty good. I'd stick with a roller though. The pad loads up too quick and eventually you end up with major league dripping problems.
Ditto
I like the gizmo that has small plastic rollers and holds a small pad to cut the edge for the ceiling.

Last edited: