Dell Financial

Warron

So, after buying a computer from dell 6 years ago through dell financial and having a bad experience (took 5 tries just to get my address changed when I moved), I decided to give them another try to replace the current computer I built myself.

After getting the preapproved amount and ordering the computer and getting the order confirmation, they decide to cancel my order today without even bothering to tell me. If I hadn't looked at the order status online, I wouldn't even know it was canceled.

I call them and all they tell me they cant tell me anything over the phone and I have to wait for their letter in the mail. How wonderful, I get to wait a week to find out what their problem is. So at noon today I checked my credit report. 797, 799, and 800 from the three agencies. No late payments, only 4 open accounts, nothing at all bad. Along with that I make over 80K a year and have no bills but a car payment.

What in the heck issue could they have with my credit? And why do such simple things always have to turn into major hassles?

Warron said:
So, after buying a computer from dell 6 years ago through dell financial and having a bad experience (took 5 tries just to get my address changed when I moved), I decided to give them another try to replace the current computer I built myself.

After getting the preapproved amount and ordering the computer and getting the order confirmation, they decide to cancel my order today without even bothering to tell me. If I hadn't looked at the order status online, I wouldn't even know it was canceled.

I call them and all they tell me they cant tell me anything over the phone and I have to wait for their letter in the mail. How wonderful, I get to wait a week to find out what their problem is. So at noon today I checked my credit report. 797, 799, and 800 from the three agencies. No late payments, only 4 open accounts, nothing at all bad. Along with that I make over 80K a year and have no bills but a car payment.

What in the heck issue could they have with my credit? And why do such simple things always have to turn into major hassles?

Okay.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Perhaps it could be your debt-to-income ratio. :shrug: I have a lot of open accounts from stores and even though I don't use the cards, the option (and cash) is still there. This can negatively influence creditors when applying for loans.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Warron said:
That tells me exactly what the problem is, thanks for the useful information.
Since none of us work for Dell Financial, that I'm aware of, we aren't going to be able to give you any answers. If you make over $80k a year, and don't have a mortgage, and your only bill is a car payment, why are you trying to finance a computer?

Warron

Chasey_Lane said:
Perhaps it could be your debt-to-income ratio. :shrug: I have a lot of open accounts from stores and even though I don't use the cards, the option (and cash) is still there. This can negatively influence creditors when applying for loans.

I have 4 open accounts and one is my car. I had far more debt and far less income when I bought a computer from them 6 years ago.

Warron

Nickel said:
Since none of us work for Dell Financial, that I'm aware of, we aren't going to be able to give you any answers. If you make over $80k a year, and don't have a mortgage, and your only bill is a car payment, why are you trying to finance a computer?

Because there is no reason to pay 2 grand out of my pocket when they were offering 18 months with no interest. And I was hoping that someone had some experience with credit issues and could suggest reasons.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
If you make over $80k a year, and don't have a mortgage, and your only bill is a car payment, why are you trying to finance a computer?
I think that's a silly question. Many of us can afford to purchase things out-right, but if we can extend our credit, go for it. :lol:

Nickel said:

:yeahthat: But I thought my "okay" covered it. :shrug:

W

Wenchy

Warron said:
So, after buying a computer from dell 6 years ago through dell financial and having a bad experience (took 5 tries just to get my address changed when I moved), I decided to give them another try.

Are you a 6 strikes and THEN you're out kind of person? :smack:

Warron

I found out what the problem is. Dell financial uses some computerized identity verification system based on your phone number. But when they entered my phone number nothing comes up. Even though I've had the same phone number for 6 years. Its probably do to my having an unlisted number. I'm not going to list my number just to do business with them, so I just payed for it using other means (assumming they dont mess that up too, since I haven't gotten verification yet).

Ponytail

Warron said:
I found out what the problem is. Dell financial uses some computerized identity verification system based on your phone number. But when they entered my phone number nothing comes up. Even though I've had the same phone number for 6 years. Its probably do to my having an unlisted number. I'm not going to list my number just to do business with them, so I just payed for it using other means (assumming they dont mess that up too, since I haven't gotten verification yet).

My one and only computer purchase experience was with Dell and Dell Financial, and I took advantage of the then 6 months no interest/no payments deal. At the time, I was out of the country for 6 months. I flew home to pick up the computer (to avoid import/export charges) and figured it'd be easier to pay for it when I got home in 6 months, just in case there was any problems with the computer, or my payment.

Well, that 6 month no interest/no payments deal that DELL was offering apparently didn't get flowed completely down to Dell Financial (as I later found out). I got a call on my cell phone at 8am one Saturday morning from some non-engrish speaking woman DEMANDING my social security number and credit card number or they were going to report me to the "credit Bureau".

This call made me laugh, and pissed me off. I didn't give her any info despite her literally screaming at me to do it "or else". I ended it with "do what you have to do and I hung up. I couldn't understand much else..couldn't understand her name or the company that she worked for but when she mentioned "commuler", I figured it was Dell.

So, I tried calling Dell Financial immediately, and they weren't open for business. I called on Monday, and although they had no idea who it was that could have called me on Saturday, it seems that they were expecting "minimum" payments from me. I explained to this person, who spoke PERFECT fluent english, about the deal that I signed up for, and he immediately said, "I'll take care of it". They do not take credit card payments online, but they will take one over the phone. This didn't sit well with me, but I did it anyway. I paid it in full so I didn't have to deal with them any more. The dude took all penalties off of my account and I had to pay nothing more than the original price of the 'puter.

You want an eye opener to Dell Financial, go to their website and sign up for their forum, and just look at the frightening amount of threads with people in similar situations as you and I, looking for help...and NOT getting it.

Dell Financial is located in the Philipines, and a satellite location in Texas. You've got a SLIM chance of getting an Engrish Speaking agent to help when you call. I demanded it, and got one though.

Dude, avoid dealing with Dell Financial. If you can pay it in full, just do it.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Ponytail said:
Dell Financial is located in the Philipines, and a satellite location in Texas. You've got a SLIM chance of getting an Engrish Speaking agent to help when you call. I demanded it, and got one though.
We have a Dell at home and have had to call them numerous times for problems. It always frustrated me just listening on speaker while day was talking to the representative. :ohwell: :lol:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I have had a DELL financial account since Jan "05. I will say I am pleased with them and have been over the year. The only pet peeve I didn't like is not knowing what to add to my pc when I ordered it because they build it for you. There are a lot of things I wanted but didn't know it wasn't going to be included like an A: drive.

The only other thing was when I first ordered a CD/DVD burner there were 3 significant delays that resulted in them cancelling the order due to FCC regulations about holding orders indefinitely. I re-ordered another one and made sure it said "ships in 24hrs" and I got in 24hrs.

The representative who got my nasty email called me 3 times to let me know he would ensure I got this one in time for my family cookout where I was in charge of music (burning CD's). After the delivery he called to check up on everything.

Now, this I am sure is rare because I believe DELL would give people problems. But, I am happy for once that I didn't have to curse someone out with my voice about their service. Lastly, they do have a company that accepts credit card payments online for them but there is a huge fee just to pay that way. Hopefully, they will get it together.

cdsulhoff

Warron said:

You what to know what is wrong, I 'll tell you . You are dealing with a POS company.. Do yourself a favor go with something else...

cdsulhoff

Warron said:
Because there is no reason to pay 2 grand out of my pocket when they were offering 18 months with no interest. And I was hoping that someone had some experience with credit issues and could suggest reasons.

Be careful of putting too much on credit you can end up like this>>>>>

Attachments

• fighting0045.gif
    fighting0045.gif
    546 bytes · Views: 132

Pandora

Shesh, my problem is mild compared to the stories here.

I bought 2 computers for my boys and paid them off rather quickly, but they charged me interest too when they shouldn't have. I just got a bill for $1.00. I just don't know if it is worth the $1.00 to even bother calling them and having to go thru the phone maze.

I am seriously thinking I should just pay the damn dollar. :lmao:

cdsulhoff

Pandora said:
Shesh, my problem is mild compared to the stories here.

I bought 2 computers for my boys and paid them off rather quickly, but they charged me interest too when they shouldn't have. I just got a bill for $1.00. I just don't know if it is worth the $1.00 to even bother calling them and having to go thru the phone maze.

I am seriously thinking I should just pay the damn dollar. :lmao:

Glad I do not have your problem.. You mean you have to pay a whole dollar? What are you going to do.I guess it is paper bag lunches for you untill you pay off that dollar... :killingme

Pandora

cdsulhoff said:
Glad I do not have your problem.. You mean you have to pay a whole dollar? What are you going to do.I guess it is paper bag lunches for you untill you pay off that dollar... :killingme

It is worse. I'm going to have to do without coffee from Wa Wa one morning.

Look out world. :elaine: