Which Heating Oil company?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
My furnace maintenance guy said that he likes SMO because when he takes a filter off they usually don't have much stuff in them....They have clean oil he said....Said that Burch oil is loaded with trash....Don't go on my say so though....That is just what I was told.... :shrug:

Dupontster said:
My furnace maintenance guy said that he likes SMO because when he takes a filter off they usually don't have much stuff in them....They have clean oil he said....Said that Burch oil is loaded with trash....Don't go on my say so though....That is just what I was told.... :shrug:
You might have something there. Besche has been good, but when they clean the filter they always comment on how dirty it is. Maybe it's from their own oil.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
If you really want to leverage the power of these forums, and support those who support the boards here, I find:

Besche Oil Company
Burch Oil Company
SJ Johnson

are Forum Sponsors... When I had oil heat at home, I used Burch. We use Burch Oil at work too. So I know first hand, long term that they are a good choice. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've used Burch Oil for 4 years now and have never had a problem. Fast, courtesy service. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We need to Boycott SMO... they left us SOUTHERN SoMDr's without a gas station, basically just because they could.

C

czygvtwkr

I've never had oil heat before. How much is it a gallon roughly and how many gallons do you go through a winter?

willie

czygvtwkr said:
I've never had oil heat before. How much is it a gallon roughly and how many gallons do you go through a winter?
At Ridgell Oil in March '06 it was $2.50 a gallon. That was in Calvert, St. Marys has an energy tax so it is more over there. Usage can vary big time. Replacing a 25 year old furnace with a new, efficient model, cut consumption in half. No exaggeration.

kaleidoscope

look at the pretty colors
Burch is who we have and they have always been great. When we needed a new furnace, they did a great job installing it. They are always friendly, too, and bring my neighbors dog a biscuit.

I called Besche once when we moved here years ago, and they were rude on the phone.