Neptunes this Fri...

Foxhound

Finishing last
A band called Miles from Clever will be playing this Fri night. I saw them here a few weeks back. Loads of fun! Maybe not the best musicians in the world, but they are a lot of fun!! High energy. They Play a little old and a little new rock. Katie DJ will be playing on the back deck too! She is a fun gal. And does her best to play your requests. :larry:

I'm going to be there.

For those who don't care, I don't care that you don't care!! :razz:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Neptune's basically sucks right now. I was there tonight and they need to:

- fix their air conditioner NOW. :hot:
- fix the bathrooms. Sharing the men's bathroom totally sucked. :twitch:
- lower their drink prices. $4.50 for a Bacardi and coke and $4 for a standard beer is outrageous. :burning:
- stock their bar. There is NO reason to be out of Coronas. NONE. :mad:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:

- lower their drink prices. $4.50 for a Bacardi and coke and $4 for a standard beer is outrageous. :burning:

Uh K_Jo, maybe we need to rethink this one. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
jazz lady said:

Doesn't sound like a place I want to spend a lot of time in.

elaine said:
Doesn't sound like a place I want to spend a lot of time in.

I went a few weeks ago around 6 in the evening. It was hot as crap and the beer was expensive. It seems like a good place to spend a cool summer night.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Patrick said:
One would think that with them high drink prices they could afford to pay the beer distributors, pay to have the septic system/bathroom and AC unit fixed. Once again, poor management :boo:
Very poor management indeed. Some friends and I went there on a weeknight for dinner and sat on the back deck. At 6:30, I went to the bar and asked if they were serving food. The bartender (and I use that term VERY loosely) told me yes, the kitchen was open but the cook hadn't arrived yet and didn't know if he was GOING to show up. :dork: We left and went to Solomons for dinner instead. Probably a very wise choice. :lol:

The problems have been ongoing there and if they want people to come, they need to fix them and lower their prices. I don't see them lasting much longer at this rate. :ohwell:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
jazz lady said:
Very poor management indeed. Some friends and I went there on a weeknight for dinner and sat on the back deck. At 6:30, I went to the bar and asked if they were serving food. The bartender (and I use that term VERY loosely) told me yes, the kitchen was open but the cook hadn't arrived yet and didn't know if he was GOING to show up. :dork: We left and went to Solomons for dinner instead. Probably a very wise choice. :lol:

The problems have been ongoing there and if they want people to come, they need to fix them and lower their prices. I don't see them lasting much longer at this rate. :ohwell:
You can come see me tonight and I'll fix ya a cardboard pizza and serve ya a cold 10 oz in the ac and let you choose which of the three ladies stalls you'd like to enter all for $7 (not including gratuity). :lmao: But if you insist on cornona it'll cost ya $8 total, but I'll throw in a lime. :wink:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
migtig said:
You can come see me tonight and I'll fix ya a cardboard pizza and serve ya a cold 10 oz in the ac and let you choose which of the three ladies stalls you'd like to enter all for $7 (not including gratuity). :lmao: But if you insist on cornona it'll cost ya $8 total, but I'll throw in a lime. :wink:

Aw, you really love me. :huggy: I don't eat cardboard pizza if I can help it and don't drink beer normally, especially 10 ozers. My friend is the one who drinks Coronas but you can squeeze the lime for my Bacardi and coke. :wink:

Tomcat

Anytime
jazz lady said:

In other words nothing's changed since Town Creek Marina?
You know where to come and get your Bacardi & Coke for 1/2 that price :howdy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tomcat said:
In other words nothing's changed since Town Creek Marina?
You know where to come and get your Bacardi & Coke for 1/2 that price :howdy:
I spent many a night there when it was Town Creek Marina and it was MUCH nicer back then, which really isn't saying a lot. :lol: I don't understand their lack of concern over such obvious problems. I could see having these problems for a couple of days, but for WEEKS? :shrug:

You guys always take care of me very well at The Hole. :huggy: If I had my choice, I would have been there rather than at Neptune's last night. :smooch:

Bozznc

110 degrees and shivering
jazz lady said:

A few of us made it out there last night, and I have to say, not bad for SOMD..

-We sat on the back deck, and the weather was wonderful

-The bathrooms are all up and running

-The drink prices are a little high, but honestly, it keeps the kids out (yes, I am in the same age group as a lot of these kids, but I like being able to sit over drinks and have a discussion)

-There is still no excuse for not stocking the bar. Out of Killians Irish Red, when your beer is served in Killians glasses? Disgraceful!

-On a personal note, I'd love to see them get some better rum then Capt and Bacardi

On the whole, I rate the place a 6.5 to 7.. not an evening killer by any means, but we had good company too.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bozznc said:
A few of us made it out there last night, and I have to say, not bad for SOMD..

-We sat on the back deck, and the weather was wonderful

-The bathrooms are all up and running

-The drink prices are a little high, but honestly, it keeps the kids out (yes, I am in the same age group as a lot of these kids, but I like being able to sit over drinks and have a discussion)

-There is still no excuse for not stocking the bar. Out of Killians Irish Red, when your beer is served in Killians glasses? Disgraceful!

-On a personal note, I'd love to see them get some better rum then Capt and Bacardi

On the whole, I rate the place a 6.5 to 7.. not an evening killer by any means, but we had good company too.

I'm glad to hear they've fixed some of the problems and you enjoyed yourself. :cheers: Not having standard beer in your bar like Killian's and Corona is, like you said, disgraceful. :boo:

The bar has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it get back to the glory days when it was affectionately known as "The Creek." :yay:

Bozznc

110 degrees and shivering
jazz lady said:
I'm glad to hear they've fixed some of the problems and you enjoyed yourself. :cheers: Not having standard beer in your bar like Killian's and Corona is, like you said, disgraceful. :boo:

The bar has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it get back to the glory days when it was affectionately known as "The Creek." :yay:

I think it was the atmosphere I liked the best.. It was nice.. a few people got loud, but it wasn't outrageous.. I didn't see anyone doing body-shots or hurling up cheap tequila like at the dew-drop or ABC's, no fights like CJs or Monks.. just a nice evening..

I agree, it would be nice to see the place come back online.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
Bozznc said:
I think it was the atmosphere I liked the best.. It was nice.. a few people got loud, but it wasn't outrageous.. I didn't see anyone doing body-shots or hurling up cheap tequila like at the dew-drop or ABC's, no fights like CJs or Monks.. just a nice evening..

I agree, it would be nice to see the place come back online.
It was a good time!!

Foxhound

Finishing last
I guess I'm just a pushover, or more tolerant. I've had reasonable service there. I've never tried to eat there. I don't drink alcohol so for me the drink prices are average. Drinking cokes you sometimes dont even get charged. I guess they cater to the DD. I found the type of people there to be funloving, energetic but aimiable. Never seen a fight, they get some cool bands, although Miles from Clever was replaced and there were 2 DJ's instead. I have never been there when the bathrooms didn't work, but I've only been there on Fridays so far. I like a bar on the water. They always have a great place to enjoy a good evening and chat if you don't feel like shaking your thing on the dance floor. I also like that it is larger than most of the venues close to me.

What do people think of Vera's I hear its reopening, Signs back up!!!

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:

Attachments

• Jeepers1.JPG
    Jeepers1.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited: