Jake and Al's

Abby

Abby
This new place opened recently in Lusby. Didn't see a thread about it... let me know if there is one somewhere else.

It was overpriced as hell, but I thought the food and atmosphere were very nice. Anyone else?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Prices run in line with Adams. Since it's owned by the same guy (with others), I'd say it's about right. We went there the day after it opened and it was good, needed to work out a few kinks, but I'm sure Jaime will get it right. I didn't like the unfinished ceiling look but if the food's good, I can overlook that.

MMDad

Lem Putt
We finally stopped in last Saturday while our kids were at a birthday party with Jake and Al.

I liked the decor. The unfinished ceiling look worked with the rest of it. The music also worked with the theme.

I had a side salad, and my wife had a caesar salad. The size was just right - larger than most area restaurants, but not massive like Outback. I didn't like the caesar, but my wife did, so my opinion didn't really matter.

For the main course, I had the ribeye. It was perfectly medium rare, and absolutely delicious. I had planned to take half home for Sunday breakfast, but I couldn't stop before I ate the whole thing. I also had the "Jake and Al's Potatoes", which were very good.

My wife had the fried shrimp with onion rings, and she said they were the best she has ever had.

The service was very good. My general rule is 10% for mediocre service, 15% for good service, and 20% for great service. I gave our waiter 21%. His only drawback is that he looks like Leonardo DiCaprio, or I would have given him more.

The price was a bit higher than Outback, but the quality was better, and the mellow atmosphere was so much more relaxing. It was fancy enough that the paper napkins seemed out of place, but it wasn't pretentious.

We give Jake and Al's :yay: :yay:

greyhound

Went there tonight after work for Happy Hour. We were at the bar. Bartenders walked by us 7 or 8 times, never asked us if we needed anything or even tried to take our order. We got up & left. First and last time I'll be in the restaurant. We all planned on having drinks and dinner. We took our business somewhere else.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
Went there tonight after work for Happy Hour. We were at the bar. Bar tenders walked by us 7 or 8 times, never asked us if we needed anything or even tried to take our order. We got up & left. First and last time I'll be in the restaurant. We all planned on having drinks and dinner. We took our business somewhere else.
Did you try the "come hither" look?

VelcroGolden

Wondeful!

I've read a few reviews giving "iffy" opinions of this place, BUT I've now gone there for dinner twice and the service and food has been impeccable! Friendly, courteous, attentive waitstaff are the norm and now they even serve lunch starting at 11:30am.

Things to be aware of though is that the smokers' "essence" from the bar drifts over to all parts of the restaurant unfortunately and order steaks 1 level of "doneness" more than what you would typically.

I'll just cross my fingers for a Calvert County Smoking Ban... :thewave:

sexyback

:howdy:I have heard that there food isn't bad. Although I heard it was pricey. I'll have to try it some time. Do they have a website? :shrug:

ohstate

Went tonight for the first time. Worst food ever. No attention to detail with the food. Basic frozen fries out of a bag, served cold and hard. Hockey puck of a burger. Easily one of the worst meals I've had in ages.

No ventilation system whatsover. The non-smoking section, farthest away from the bar, was so full of smoke my eyes watered. Never again will I go there.

ohstate said:
Went tonight for the first time. Worst food ever. No attention to detail with the food. Basic frozen fries out of a bag, served cold and hard. Hockey puck of a burger. Easily one of the worst meals I've had in ages.

No ventilation system whatsover. The non-smoking section, farthest away from the bar, was so full of smoke my eyes watered. Never again will I go there.
I've been twice and thought the food was delicious. I'm a non-smoker and I was not bothered by smoke. I wasn't impressed with the service the 2nd time around, but I won't let that stop me from going again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
VelcroGolden said:
order steaks 1 level of "doneness" more than what you would typically.
That means they cook it right - only them and Outback seem to know that a med-rare steak is supposed to be red, not pink, on the inside.

I always get aggravated by steak places that don't know how to cook them to the correct level of doneness. Jake & Al's was perfectimundo!