78 days of annual leave a year?

Makavide

Not too talkative

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Those numbers can't be right. There are only about 250 working days per year (M-F, holidays), and dude gets the opportunity to take 140 of them off????? I know there are probably ceremonial things he has to attend and all that.

And if he doesn't use them, he gets that pay on top of his regular salary as well? What a golden parachute he'll be laughing all the way to the bank with!

Who offered and agreed to that contract? They are the ones that should pay out.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Those numbers can't be right. There are only about 250 working days per year (M-F, holidays), and dude gets the opportunity to take 140 of them off????? I know there are probably ceremonial things he has to attend and all that.

And if he doesn't use them, he gets that pay on top of his regular salary as well? What a golden parachute he'll be laughing all the way to the bank with!

Who offered and agreed to that contract? They are the ones that should pay out.

Most likely, it was the SMC Board of County Commissioners that agreed to the contract; they should pay out; however, the trickle-down there is; County taxes will go up.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Most likely, it was the SMC Board of County Commissioners that agreed to the contract; they should pay out; however, the trickle-down there is; County taxes will go up.

The SMC Board of County Commissioners didn't sign the contract. The SMCPS BoE signed off on it.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sounds like the guy negotiated a great deal for himself. Good for him. He must have mad skills.

DEEKAYPEE8569

The SMC Board of County Commissioners didn't sign the contract. The SMCPS BoE signed off on it.

Well, okay.....but still, doesn't that show some type of ridiculous governing at taxpayer expense at least at the BoE level?
With regard to the 78 days annual leave and the 10 days vacation time; what's the difference? Paid time off without a medical reason/excuse is paid annual leave; to be taken wether going out of town or just sitting at home doing nothing. If I am not sick/in the hospital, whatever; and take time off; wether it's to go out of town for a month or just stay at home for two weeks, it's annual leave. There are no separate leave balances to differntiate the two.

Edit: Wait....."Elected Official" Okay.....

b23hqb

PREMO Member
School District of Hillsborough County, Fl, where I live, is the 8th largest school district in the country. Our Stupidintendant gets paid about $270,000 per annum. Cannot find how many paid days she gets for leave, sick, etc. We're wasting money here - ya'lls are literally throwing it away up there. We have over 200,000 students this year alone. How many peeps live in your SMC total?

intertidal

Well, okay.....but still, doesn't that show some type of ridiculous governing at taxpayer expense at least at the BoE level?
With regard to the 78 days annual leave and the 10 days vacation time; what's the difference? Paid time off without a medical reason/excuse is paid annual leave; to be taken wether going out of town or just sitting at home doing nothing. If I am not sick/in the hospital, whatever; and take time off; wether it's to go out of town for a month or just stay at home for two weeks, it's annual leave. There are no separate leave balances to differntiate the two.

Edit: Wait....."Elected Official" Okay.....

The annual leave days are rarely taken by school superintendents. The days are banked, usually with no limit, and cashed out at separation. Typically, they get over 100K for unused annual leave days, sometimes much more. The school boards are completely out of touch with reality with these sweetheart contracts. Here's a local example:

http://www.somdnews.com/article/201...y-scrutinized&template=southernMarylandMobile

How about free health insurance for life for the superintendent's family! Free car. Cash advances for "no-receipt" expense accounts alone larger than a teacher's annual salary. After reading that, you might understand one more reason why there is not enough money trickling down to pay teacher salaries or benefits.

Last edited:

Homeland

I don't blame Martirono for this contract, but thee are a whole lot of people on the school board I will blame. This is ridiculous and a waste of tax dollars!