Top ten dumbest online business ideas

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
But made these folks big bucks......
1. Million Dollar Homepage

1000000 pixels, charge a dollar per pixel – that’s perhaps the dumbest idea for online business anyone could have possible come up with. Still, Alex Tew, a 21-year-old who came up with the idea, is now a millionaire.

2. SantaMail

Ok, how’s that for a brilliant idea. Get a postal address at North Pole, Alaska, pretend you are Santa Claus and charge parents 10 bucks for every letter you send to their kids? Well, Byron Reese sent over 200000 letters since the start of the business in 2001, which makes him a couple million dollars richer.
http://weirdtechnewshub.blogspot.com/2006/07/top-10-dumbest-online-business-ideas.html

Toxick

Splat
harleygirl said:
But made these folks big bucks......
1. Million Dollar Homepage
2. SantaMail

I will go on record right now as saying, if a stupid idea gets you a million dollars, it is not a stupid idea.

Toxick said:
I will go on record right now as saying, if a stupid idea gets you a million dollars, it is not a stupid idea.

Michael Bolton: You think the pet rock was a really great idea?

Tom Smykowski: Sure it was. The guy made a million dollars. You know, I had an idea like that once. A long time ago.

Peter Gibbons: Really, what was it, Tom?

Tom Smykowski: Well, all right. It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor, and it would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
thakidistight said:

Tom Smykowski: Sure it was. The guy made a million dollars. You know, I had an idea like that once. A long time ago.

Tom Smykowski: Well, all right. It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor, and it would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.
I had a pet rock as a child. Named him Stoney..... :nerd: I asked for kitten and got Stoney instead.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Toxick said:

There are many millionaires in the world today who made their millions on ideas some people would have considered stupid at the time. Those same people are now saying "If I had only had that idea, I'd be a millionaire".

I say, If you have an idea you think is good, run with it (as long as it's legal). You won't know until you try.

BuddyLee

Football addict
thakidistight said:

:roflmao:

B

baswm

thakidistight said:

Office space was a funny movie. :yay: