Car Audio System Work

mercury_m

I need to get my system in my car put in a new car. I have tried calling a few places and none of them do audio work. I am wondering the best place around lexington park or hollywood to do this. I don't want to spend too much but I want someone who knows what they are doing. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
mercury_m said:
I need to get my system in my car put in a new car. I have tried calling a few places and none of them do audio work. I am wondering the best place around lexington park or hollywood to do this. I don't want to spend too much but I want someone who knows what they are doing. If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.
You get what you pay for. Depends on how much you want to spend and what your looking to get. I have three 10's in my car, and to me this is a little system

boatdoctor

in the engine room
Give Street Trenzs a call they are on Great Mills Road no idea of what they charge but do know a couple of the audio techs there they do high quality work. :larry:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
D&G Kustom in Leonardtown. They've been in business over 20 years doing that kind of work.

H

HollowSoul

Magnum said:
You get what you pay for. Depends on how much you want to spend and what your looking to get. I have three 10's in my car, and to me this is a little system
sounds to me like your bragging...
"i have 2 12's and 2,700w total :neener:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
HollowSoul said:
sounds to me like your bragging...
"i have 2 12's and 2,700w total :neener:
Oh no not bragging by no means. I really do mean this is a little system for what I used to run. I used to put my old truck in stereo competitions. I placed 4th out of 50 in the 2 sub 1 amp class.

I wouldn't mind setting up my work car with a system but I start to go overboard with stuff. Before I would know it I would dump 2 grand into the stereo and tvs and crap like that. I'm trying to stay away from that stuff. My little 10's with the stock head unit bass at -6 out of -7 has just enough to know its there.

In my old Ramcharger I had 4 Alternators with 3 charging systems, a 12 volt, 14 volt and 16 volt system. I had custom alternators and brakets made, all added up 800 amps worth. What a way to blow my money.

I was just saying the cost of a system depends on just what you want to get out of it. These little 10's and amp were about 300-400 or so, it's been a while. Someone could get one 10 or 12 and be happy with the sound, or they may want to add a component set which will all add up.

Last edited:

sweetnloud

mercury_m

if you want I can do just about anything you want with car audio and I wont charge you to much im in charlotte hall so its not to far away. I have been into car audio for the past 12 years and I was invited to the db drag world finals in 2003, and the usac WF's in 04 and 05 for my system.

I can do just about anything from a new radio to a system you can't even listen to. if anyone else want's a loud system I can get a lot of deals and can design a system louder then anyone in the tri county for $1000-1500. just send me an e-mail at splmark@yahoo.com

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
boatdoctor said:
Give Street Trenzs a call they are on Great Mills Road no idea of what they charge but do know a couple of the audio techs there they do high quality work. :larry:
:yeahthat:

The owner will go outa his way to try and give you a better price than anyone else. I sent someone down there for Tint not to long ago, and they were very happy.

C

chess

I highly encourage you to check out Street Trendz... I am friends with a couple of the guys..But they do know what they are doing...The tint guy is pretty decent too...Car Audio person to talk to is Dave or Pnut....

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
chess said:
I highly encourage you to check out Street Trendz... I am friends with a couple of the guys..But they do know what they are doing...The tint guy is pretty decent too...Car Audio person to talk to is Dave, David or Peanut....

:fixed:

C

chess

Somdmommy said:
I've known him for about 5 maybe, and I've know White Dave for 15+ years.....

Nice nice... :-D I was just giving you a hard time, for correcting my spelling of names LOL....

mrwax

i have 3 12's in a custom pyramid box. does that count?:) well hell, i could probably install a system for someone, it wouldn't be as quick, but it'll be cheaper. i installed my headunit, and ran all the wires for my system... it was a pain in the butt, but i did it:)