Helen gets a spanking

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030307-85033093.htm

A long-running Washington tradition apparently ended last night when, for the first time in memory, the doyenne of the White House press corps was not called on in a presidential press conference.
Not only that but she had to sit the the third row instead of the first, where she usually sits. Oh, the humanity!

I didn't realize she was still pretending to be a reporter - I thought she was now pretending to be a columnist.

SmallTown

Football season!
hahahahahha go bush.

You don't like me??? Well, i'll show you!!! Back to the third row.. and. and. and. you can't ask me any questions! nah!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
"This is the worst president ever," Mrs. Thomas told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, Calif., in January. "He is the worst president in all of American history."
That means he's good right? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
You don't like me??? Well, i'll show you!!! Back to the third row.. and. and. and. you can't ask me any questions! nah!
When you put it like that it makes Bush sound really petty. But I've always wondered why certain members of the press get preferential treatment - ALWAYS in the front row, ALWAYS called on. Last night I saw a bunch of new faces at the press conference and I think that's a good thing.

H

Heretic

It should be done by lottery, I mean how many reporters are chomping at the bit waiting for someone to die or retire to get in there.

K

Kain99

I don't think it's petty at all.... If somebody says mean things about you they should be banned! :biggrin:

I always despised Helen anyway.

demsformd

I am for tradition such as these regardless of one's view. Such a tradition reinforces the continuity of our nation.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: I watched Ari Fleicher's White House briefing this afternoon, and that topic came up - the bit about Helen being seated in the third row and her not being called upon for a question.
One reporter wanted to know who advised the Prez on the seating arrangements and which reporters to take questions from.

Ari said I did!

He didn't offer a reason why. One can only surmise.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Maybe he had another agenda...

Originally posted by Kain99
I don't think it's petty at all.... :biggrin:
I always despised Helen anyway.

As I related earlier, Ari Fleischer said he was the one who advised the Prez on the seating arrangements, and which reporters to take questions from.

May the Prez wanted to steer the Q & A to his liking; maybe he had an inkling of what Helen Thomas was going to ask, possibly try to put him on the spot.

Hey, it's HIS press conference, I'm told Willie Jeff's press manager used to screen questions some reporters were going to ask him.

alex

These aren't press conferences but PR events. If you are afraid of what questions you might get asked and want to control the information being provided it is a PR event.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by cattitude
Very eloquent Bluto! missed you the last few days!:biggrin:
:cool: Well said bluto. The other thing that has occured to me: Has she said anything in the papers or on TV? I have not heard any fallout over this subtley handled move.

Morning, Cattitude:cheers: