SoMD's own: Odin's Court DVD!

OdinsCourt

SoMD's own Odin's Court is proud to announce our first DVD will be released 12 September 2006! This DVD was filmed at the infamous Jaxx Nightclub on 24 March, 2006. Although this DVD was completely self-financed, don't let that fool you - the quality is outstanding (both audio and video).

For free video and audio samples, as well as still photography from the event, hop on over to our website. These are samples, and the actual DVD will be much higher in quality: www.OdinsCourtBand.Com/CourtIsNowInSession.html.

¡The first 50 people to preorder the DVD will receive a free audio CD of the concert! This CD will include our cover of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", as well as the rest of the songs performed on the DVD. This CD will also be signed by the entire band! Another perk of being one of the first 50 to preorder the DVD - we will mail it out to you as soon as they get back from duplication, even before the official release date!

The DVD includes all the originals played during our concert (14 in all) and 6 bonus features: an interview with the band, after show clips, Savino's solo spot, and 3 still photography slideshows (band, fans, and "bloopers").

Quick links for those who won't surf over to our website (there are more samples on the website than below). ;) None of these match the DVD (or CD quality), but they'll give you a good idea. Pick your link depending on your Internet connection speed.

"Utopian Rust" (Video):
Lowest Quality
Medium Quality
Highest Quality

Beethoven's 9th Symphony: 4th Movement (Video):
Lowest Quality
Medium Quality
Highest Quality

"D2C" (audio):
Lowest Quality
Highest Quality

Cover:
CourtIsNowInSession.jpg

Rock on!
- Odin's Court
Email: Band@OdinsCourtBand.Com
Web: www.OdinsCourtBand.Com
Forum: www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=296
MySpace: www.MySpace.com/odinscourt

K

Kain99

I think it was a very industrious post.... Alot of work went into it and after all... when they strike it rich they will remember I was nice! :love:

OdinsCourt

Kain99 said:
I think it was a very industrious post.... Alot of work went into it and after all... when they strike it rich they will remember I was nice! :love:
You are definitely right about that - A LOT of work went into this! People who perform, write, or produce original music will appreciate that. Add in all the promotion for a show like that, the work mixing, mastering, and fixing audio; editing, synchronizing, and rendering video. Authoring a DVD. The artwork. Etc. Not to mention the thousands of dollars.

As for getting rich, well, my goal is to one day strike it even! :D

Pandora

OdinsCourt said:
How so? We are an SoMD band. We're from here. We've played here for 5 years. I've posted in the forum before. This is a band forum in an Entertainment section. :confused:

There is a rule around here somewhere about selling stuff on the forums. Personally, I vaguely remember reading them myself, but I didn’t write them nor do I enforce them. They do have a classified section here where you can buy an ad, if your thread gets pulled or anything like that.

BTW, these clips are taking forever to load.

OdinsCourt

Pandora said:
There is a rule around here somewhere about selling stuff on the forums. Personally, I vaguely remember reading them myself, but I didn’t write them nor do I enforce them. They do have a classified section here where you can buy an ad, if your thread gets pulled or anything like that.
Thanks for the info. The downloads are free though. ;) And I didn't actually sell anything here, just gave some links and info if people were interested. :whistle:

Pandora said:
BTW, these clips are taking forever to load.
Could be a bandwidth problem. Try the lesser quality ones. They'll load faster. The high quality ones can be up to 20MB.

H

HollowSoul

i say let them advertise, it's hard enough trying to break out in southern maryland musically let alone trying to find free advertisement

MMDad

Lem Putt
HollowSoul said:
i say let them advertise, it's hard enough trying to break out in southern maryland musically let alone trying to find free advertisement
:yeahthat:
It's not like they are spamming.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
HollowSoul said:
I agree. I would not want to see numerous ad threads popping up, but he/they did post respectfully and in the right area. And ylexot can vouch that the band is legit.

OdinsCourt

HollowSoul said:
Thanks for the support. I pay plenty for advertising, so being able to hit up some "free sites" - still takes time ;) - is always nice.

Any feedback on the clips folks?

OdinsCourt

hvp05 said:
I agree. I would not want to see numerous ad threads popping up, but he/they did post respectfully and in the right area. And ylexot can vouch that the band is legit.
If anyone has taken the time to go to the webpage, they'll see that Micah (ylexot) is featured. He took some outstanding still photographs of the show. They are on the site, as well as a link to his page.

Thanks for the validation by the way. I agree that "hit and run" type advertising is annoying. I actually am a super mod on a band's forum that includes about 20,000 members, so I know all about message board etiquette and such. :)