Bush apologizes

SmallTown

Football season!
Today, George W. Bush made a public apology to the world. he states that a clerical error in his international reports caused him to want saddam hussein removed from power. All along, Bush discussed reasons for attacking iraq including past aggression, weapons programs, not following international rules, and sponsorship of terrorism.
However, recently released documents show that someone had a case of the "quick fingers" when typing the reports and they actually meant to type Iran, not Iraq. Authorities believe this is an honest mistake and will now focus their attention on Iran.

"The sources say work on the plant is "extremely advanced," involves hundreds of gas centrifuges ready to produce enriched uranium and "the parts for a thousand others ready to be assembled."

"Sources told Time that the IAEA, the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog, found that Iran has added uranium to some centrifuges as a test -- in "blatant violation" of the NPT, to which Iran is a signatory. "

"If Iran were found to have an operating centrifuge, it would be a direct violation [of the treaty] and is something that would need immediately to be referred to the United Nations Security Council for action,"Jon Wolfstahl of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace was quoted as saying in the article. "

"An Israeli official told Time that the news is "a huge concern" because Iran denies Israel's right to exist and is a principal sponsor of Hezbollah, which has carried out attacks against Israelis and is considered a terrorist organization by the United States. "

K

Kain99

If we just kick back with a cold brew and wait, these idiots will just obliterate each other. :bubble:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Oh well......

Gee ST:biggrin: I didn't see where it mentioned an "apology by the president to the world", it must have been hidden; you had to read between the lines.

However, think of it this way: the UN Inspectors are just a hop, skip and jump away!

Maybe they can pull double duty; Iran - Iraq, Iran - Iraq, that should make the French and Germans happy; they'll have jobs over there for the next 6 to 8 years.

Last edited:

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Oh well......

Originally posted by penncam
Gee ST:biggrin: I didn't see where it mentioned an "apology by the president to the world", it must have been hidden; you had to read between the lines.

thus the reason it wasn't in quotes.

But i'm sure he is drafting up his apology speech. :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cool: This really isn't new stuff, it was reported over a month ago,
and from the face of it , Iran is playing the same game as Iraq:

"No, we don't have a nuclear program, but, umm, wait - uh yes, we do have one for peaceful purposes only. It is to produce power for our lights and centrifuges; Did I say that? You must forgive me! Believe me I misspoke. It is for peaceful use only.

What's that you say? Are we in the process of refining the uranium? No, No, we assure you, it's for peaceful use only.

Well ok, maybe we are MMMFF, MMMMFFPP! No! It is not true what the infidels are saying, you must not believe them!

Plutonium? No, No, we have no use for that precious isotope. What would we do with it? You mean like construct a MMMMFF,
MMMMFFFMMP! No, No, I tell you again! We only seek a peaceful
position in the region.

What is that you ask? Do we remember the war we fought with those Iraqi pigs? The one where they slaughtered hunderds of thousands of my countrymen?
No, No, you must understand that is a thing of the past; we have forgotten that debacle, we only seek peace now. MMMFFMMMPP! MMFFMMPP!"