DEms have a choice to make

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Maybe the best thing would be to have Hill run for Pres and Al be her VP.
What a situation to be in.

Dems Look to Hillary to Rescue Party From Sharpton

An unexpectedly strong early showing by Democratic Party presidential hopeful Rev. Al Sharpton has party faithful looking to Hillary Clinton to rescue Democrats in 2004.

With charismatically challenged candidates like Sens. John Kerry, Joe Lieberman and John Edwards leaving audiences yawning - and Sharpton wowing crowds wherever he shows up - "U.S. News and World Report" predicts:

"If a favorite other than Sharpton doesn't become obvious by late fall, look for a strong effort to draft Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton."

"The Iowa Democratic Party," says the magazine's "Washington Whispers" column, "is already thinking that. We hear it wants Clinton as the featured speaker at an annual fall event – an invite that's irked Sen. John Kerry."

Democratic strategists fear that Sharpton "could actually score big" in the South, reports "Whispers." Others predict that the radical reverend could even win the South Carolina primary.

Last week, NewsMax.com's report that Sharpton is the presidential frontrunner among New York City Democrats in a recent Zogby International survey sent usually reliable party organs like the Washington Post into fits of apoplexy.

"Truth is, at this point, polls really don't mean much of anything," huffed the Post's Terry Neal, who, along with the rest of his media colleagues, was doing his best not to notice the Sharpton coup until NewsMax spilled the beans.

Mr. Neal, however, failed to explain why his paper and so many others keep commissioning, let alone reporting on, all those early, meaningless presidential polls.

The fact is, Rev, Sharpton is the nation's most popular presidential candidate among black voters, according to a separate Time/CNN poll. And if his supporters can't be convinced to support a white Democrat come Nov. 2004, the party's presidential prospects are toast.

No wonder party insiders are looking to the wife of "America's first black president" to save the day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a long way to the primaries. I predict Bush will win a second term by a good margin.

The Democrats won't run Sharpton - it's giving them hives just thinking about it - because he's a wildcard who has no qualms about eating his own. They can't control him.

So they're almost going to HAVE to trot out Hillary. And I hope they do because she'll get her butt spanked and that will be the end of her political career, unless some other Democrat wins and taps her for VP. And no Democrat in their right mind wants Hillary right behind them, one little assassination away from the Presidency.

demsformd

Hilary is not the candidate that we will trump out ro stop Sharpton. With Mosely-Braum already in the race and the possibility that native sons will run in their states' primaries, Sharpton's candidacy is dead. After all the man receives zero support in national polls. But I do have to conceed that with nine announced candidacies, it is very possible that Sharpton can receive relatively significant vote percentages.

As for Bush, a recent Quinnipiac poll shows that he would lose a race to "any Democratic candidate" by the margin of 48%-44%, outside the poll's margin of error. With the economy tumbling and the Iraqi war receiving incredibly bad press, the President's chances of victory are diminishing by the day. My guess is that John Edwards carries the Democratic nomination and then carries the general with 51% of the vote and 321 electoral votes.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I say Dean takes the nomination, picks Wesley Clark for his VP, but they lose to shrub because Rove keeps the terror fires burning. I also predict that cheney doesn't sign up this time, and shrub has to go to Ridge for his VP.

smcdem

I disagree, by the time I graduate from High School John Kerry will be our prez and Edwards our VP.

Cheerios

Hiliary and Health

I will always give her credit when her husband was President - and her attempt to get health insurance for all -haven't seen anyone else give
it any time - I am tired of big business getting all the breaks - Haliburton and Enron especially -

K

Kain99

Oh Yeah! She deserves all the credit in the world for sticking by her slimy, pig of a husband and setting a stomach churning example for our daughters!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK, let's just say...

...that "any democratic candidate" Al Sharpton does win?

As for Bush, a recent Quinnipiac poll shows that he would lose a race to "any Democratic candidate" by the margin of 48%-44%,

What would a Sharpton Presidency bring us? Who'd be in his administration? What would he try to accomplish?

I'm visualizing a Sharpton/Bush debate.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: OK, let's just say...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...that "any democratic candidate" Al Sharpton does win?

What would a Sharpton Presidency bring us? Who'd be in his administration? What would he try to accomplish?

I'm visualizing a Sharpton/Bush debate.

If bush doesn't get a quick resolution in iraq and doesn't help the economy and at the same time doesn't help our "red" checkbook, a debate with any democrat could be a blood bath. After all the shots they took supporting clinton, they are ready to fire back on someone.