So tell me about the So. Md. summers...

Ponytail

Does being surrounded or close to the water help, or hurt in the summer..humidity, temperature...

Am I going to be putting A/C in my jeep?

J

justhangn

Usually we have fairly mild summers.... 80's - 90's with a few 100+ days.

High humidity - 80% and up.

S

ShellyCW

The heat here wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the humidity. And the humidity... well, yes, you'll be happy you have A/C in your jeep. The summertime air here has the consistency of dog phlegm. I work outside and I'm well acquainted with it, so I'm not just pulling your chain.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
About 5 -10 degrees cooler than DC thanx to the water. Humidity doesn't bother me, but I'm from St. Louis.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hot and humid. Like everyone else said, if it wasn't for the humidity, it wouldn't be so bad. It's nice being close to the water, we spend a lot of time out in it in the summer months.

K

Katie

Hot and Humid, but up in DC it is worse. Here you at least have a breeze sometimes.

Ponytail

OK, sounds like I'm buying another car with a/c or ordering a kit for the jeep.

After the summer we had last summer though, maybe this one will be cooler? :frown:

K

Katie

I love my a/c, my mom doesn't have any. She just opens the windows, but my mom is strange to start out with.

Jameo

What?!
Hot and humid.

Great fishing too!:biggrin:

009_9.jpg

5fish.jpg

Oh and, You don't need A/C in your Jeep! I had it in my Jeep and never used it! Only used when my mom or grandmother where in there with me.

K

Kain99

The summers are pretty Hot.... I have a friend from Arkansas who constantly comments on how windy it is here. Until she started constantly commenting on it I had never noticed. I guess the breeze doesn't blow quiet like this down in good ol' AK.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Boo hoo...all ya'll and your horrible humid weather. PT, it ain't nothing like Savannah in the summertime. These people don't know hot and humid. Last year used my ac in my car only a few times and that's only cause of my commute...It's very comfortable, bay breezes, cooler by about 10 degrees than dc, nice fishing and crabbing in the summer.

F

Flo

Last Summer was pretty hot, humid, and dry, as most summers here in Southern Maryland are. DC is so much worse though. About 4 or 5 summers ago (4th of July), it was rainy and very cold (like down in the 50's, and I believe that summer it rained continuously.

My husband usually goes crabbing on the Patuxent, though I have a hard time with the humidity, and being light-skinned, I can not take the sun too long.

I and my family farmed tobacco when I was a young girl back in the 60's in Southern Maryland, and I don't remember the summers being that hot. We also didn't have air conditioning back then, so I think it is either being older, or the summer humidity has just gotten worse.

Ponytail

Originally posted by migtig
Boo hoo...all ya'll and your horrible humid weather. PT, it ain't nothing like Savannah in the summertime. These people don't know hot and humid. Last year used my ac in my car only a few times and that's only cause of my commute...It's very comfortable, bay breezes, cooler by about 10 degrees than dc, nice fishing and crabbing in the summer.

the breeze does make a huge difference. here in Philly, and in Macon Ga, the air would just get so stagnant. No breeze at all. It was horrible not having a/c.

I came VERY close to cutting my hair off last year because it was just so damn hot for so long. I actually had a dream about cutting my hair off last night...what little I slept.

Ponytail

Originally posted by migtig
Yea okay so someone got lucky, you don't have to pick on those of us who didn't.

if you call getting sent thru the ceiling at midnight by a spastic neurotic dog, getting lucky, then yea...it was a good night.

I haven't slept in two nights. The closest that I got to getting lucky was having to move my dogs ### from under my chin! :burning: