Fair Maryland vehicle inspections ?where

traveler

Need to get a 2001 honda accord inspected. Heard some horror stories about inpections (i.e. paying $1000 for repairs). Was wondering if anyone knows an inspection place that is fair? Thanks.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
traveler said:
Need to get a 2001 honda accord inspected. Heard some horror stories about inpections (i.e. paying $1000 for repairs). Was wondering if anyone knows an inspection place that is fair? Thanks.

What's wrong with $1000 for repairs.

R

rallwine2000

Joe at Marks Automotive is great. Price is right, around 65.00 for inspection.

G

Gemmi

I have always gone to Mr. Tire in California. Gerald and Wayne have always been fair to me regarding any needed repairs.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
$65 for an inspection!! Holy crap, it's only 20 bucks here in Va.
Maryland vehicle inspections are a one time deal only needing done when there is a transfer of ownership prior to getting a new registration.

The best way not to get ripped is to not to get your repairs as the same place you get your inspection. That have to tell you what it will take to get through inspection and then you can go anywhere you want. Get the repairs done and then go back for reinspection at no additional charge.

A follow up. Don't let them tell you that they will only inspect if you have repairs done there. I heard of that happening. Get a receipt detailing what it needs. Headlight alignment seems to always be needed. Don't go in with a full tank of gas as that tends to make the rear end go down changing the alignment.