8 out of 10 Americans want a new job

K

Kizzy

Good article, I know I'm one of the 8 out of 10 planning to jump ship.

What really chaps me where I work is the upper management. They come and go as they please and never work a full day then complain that the work isn't up to snuff. :boo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I know I'm looking...

For something with flexible hours... Say... Come in at 10 or so... Lunch at noon... Wrap things up about 2-2:30. :cheesy:

K

Kizzy

Re: I know I'm looking...

Originally posted by Kyle
For something with flexible hours... Say... Come in at 10 or so... Lunch at noon... Wrap things up about 2-2:30. :cheesy:

Sounds like you want a job in upper management where I work.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by IM4Change
Good article, I know I'm one of the 8 out of 10 planning to jump ship.

My boss actually said to me the other day when telling me I needed to work longer hours:

"Don't tell me you have a personal life."

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by sleuth14
My boss actually said to me the other day when telling me I needed to work longer hours:

"Don't tell me you have a personal life."

I love it. I sit in my office and listen to talk about restoring Mustangs (me thinks this is a penis extension), hunting (the deer that got away), golfing (the ball that almost made it), fishing (the huge fish that got away), guns (the precision and accuracy of their aim), etc. etc. etc. then, they complain that their work is back up. First, they come in at 10, take a 1 ½ hour lunch break, leave at 2-3 p.m., and chit chat most of the day. Then, they put THEIR work on my desk to do, and yes it has been said "you know you cannot have a personal life working here."

If I don't come to a work party, I get questioned, "plans, what plans do you have?"

:twitch: I just sit there thinking "humm, plans that don't involve hanging out with my co-workers of my off time listening to talk about shop, Mustangs, golfing, fishing, hunting, guns, etc. etc. of the same crap I've heard over and over again."

Call me cold, but this month marks my 15th year here. :banghead:

I've blown off many work parties to hang out with my forum friends, because many people here are the greatest.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by IM4Change
I love it. I sit in my office and listen to talk about restoring Mustangs (me thinks this is a penis extension), hunting (the deer that got away), golfing (the ball that almost made it), fishing (the huge fish that got away), guns (the precision and accuracy of their aim), etc. etc. etc. then, they complain that their work is back up. First, they come in at 10, take a 1 ½ hour lunch break, leave at 2-3 p.m., and chit chat most of the day. Then, they put THEIR work on my desk to do, and yes it has been said "you know you cannot have a personal life working here."

I can't say my boss doesn't work his tail off. He's one of the hardest working people I've ever seen. The problem is that he expects everyone to dump their personal and family obligations (and the single people aren't expected to have personal or family obligations) in order to meet his expectations.