Dell XPS 700

Warron

After waiting a rediculously long time for my order and having the ship date repeatedly moved back, I finally got ahold of someone last friday, who informed me that dell could not get the new xps 700's to work right and that they were not shipping until after they did more testing. So, anyone who is looking to buy a new computer, might want to avoid the dell xps 700's for now. I ended up canceling my order as I got sick of waiting.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Warron said:
After waiting a rediculously long time for my order and having the ship date repeatedly moved back, I finally got ahold of someone last friday, who informed me that dell could not get the new xps 700's to work right and that they were not shipping until after they did more testing. So, anyone who is looking to buy a new computer, might want to avoid the dell xps 700's for now. I ended up canceling my order as I got sick of waiting.

Thanks for the input. I was actually looking at those on Friday.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
The XPS 600's rock :dude: I had a problem with a non-working front card reader/USB device - but a local guy -the area Dell contracted tech - (really cool) came over and took care of it... Actually, the first time he came over, he knew he was sent the wrong part, but wanted to give the benefit of the doubt and see what was going on, then had the correct replacement sent ASAP and conveniently came over, when he said he would and took care of the problem...

Unfortunately, he too had to deal with the outsourcing of the service calls to lands far, far away - even being the man on the scene, and had to deal with a long wait time and go through several options before calling in his service as complete...

M

Mousebaby

Dell XPS

:yay: I just purchased the XPS M1710, It is working excellent. Take a look at those. I've had it for about 2 weeks and have had no problems.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Ordered the XPS 1710 with wireless router last Tuesday, using Dell credit. 5 minutes ago the router arrived. Waiting for computer.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
Ordered the XPS 1710 with wireless router last Tuesday, using Dell credit. 5 minutes ago the router arrived. Waiting for computer.
Those notebooks are schweet! :yay:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
virgovictoria said:
Those notebooks are schweet! :yay:
Alas, it is not for me. This will be Boy 1's gaming computer so the home computer can actually be used by other members of the family.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
Alas, it is not for me. This will be Boy 1's gaming computer so the home computer can actually be used by other members of the family.
:lmao:

:gossip: I think he made out on this one....

M

Mousebaby

Lucky kid!

I don't know what you paid for yours, but I know what I paid for mine and yes this kid is definitely getting a sweet deal!! I gave my son my inspiron 6000 when I bought this one and he is floating on air!!!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mousebaby said:
I don't know what you paid for yours, but I know what I paid for mine and yes this kid is definitely getting a sweet deal!! I gave my son my inspiron 6000 when I bought this one and he is floating on air!!!
I tried to talk him into the cheaper one, but after speaking with numerous "WarCrack" (misspelling intentional) users, they said don't bother with the Inspiron.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I wish some of my friends had the same luck as you people have. I gave up calling India after 2 nights in a row for 45 mins.