Drag racing...any drag strips around? And I DON'T mean cross dressers.

Ponytail

I see alot of NASCAR references here...go fast, turn left, go fast, turn left... you can keep it.

Any local drag racing tracks around? Anybody race? Cars, motorcycles?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
I see alot of NASCAR references here...go fast, turn left, go fast, turn left... you can keep it.

Any local drag racing tracks around? Anybody race? Cars, motorcycles?
We have Maryland International Raceway (1/4 mile drags) and Potomac Speedway, dirt round track, motocross, and occassional mudbogs. Located in northern St. Mary's on RT. 234 near the Charles County line.

F

Flo

Budd's Creek is the only one I can think of. We can here the races from our house....it is that loud!

Ponytail

Awesome!!!!

check this out...www.ballisticeagle.com. That is a very good friend of mine. I rode the black "small tire" bike...made about 9 passes on it. It wasn't pretty, but I beat my buds fastest time on his own bike.

I met him in college and became good friends with him their. I got him hired on at Boeing in Macon, Ga with me. He is now in Savannah, working at Gulfstream. He just incorporated himself, started a bike garage business and is having a jetbike built. Should be ready to run this spring.

I can't wait!

And I'm Psyched about that drag strip!! Tons of fun!!!

:cheers:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
It'll be our little secret. What is the car that you run?

I've never raced before (well not on a track). I just got a Lexus IS300 and plan on having lots of fun with it.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by pixiegirl
I've never raced before (well not on a track). I just got a Lexus IS300 and plan on having lots of fun with it.
I'd like to put a little more "pizazz" into my car (engine), but I don't want it to look like "Waldorf Ghetto" trash or sound like a go-kart. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Ponytail

Originally posted by pixiegirl

Ahhh one of THOSE types. PLEASE tell me that you aren't getting one of those coffee can exhaust sytems.

What motor do you have in it? Nissan is using the same motors as Lexus in some of thier cars for 2004. Something to keep in mind when looking for hi-perf parts.

Ponytail

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I'd like to put a little more "pizazz" into my car (engine), but I don't want it to look like "Waldorf Ghetto" trash or sound like a go-kart. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

What do you have?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ahhh one of THOSE types. PLEASE tell me that you aren't getting one of those coffee can exhaust sytems.

What motor do you have in it? Nissan is using the same motors as Lexus in some of thier cars for 2004. Something to keep in mind when looking for hi-perf parts.

I don't need a coffee can exhaust system. It's a Lexus, it's got a good exhaust on it. I might get a new muffler, but I'm not decided yet.

Mine's all stock and is real quick as is. all you need to know

I'm going to do a couple things to it to give it a little more pep. They've got the same engine in them as the Toyota Supras use to have. A 98 Toyota Supra TT is my next venture. Well after the bike that is.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SxyPrincess

You coming out on Saturday? We can talk to Troy (the hottie w/ the labret peircing) he's going to do the work on my car.