What's the cell phone service of choice in this area?

Ponytail

My cell phone is on it's last legs, and I figured before I go buy another one, I had better check. What service seems to work the best down there? Right now I have Sprint, and they're pretty good here.

SxyPrincess

I'm with Cingular. Had a few disputes in the past about charges and such, but haven't had any problems with them in about 3 years. I get great coverage and their plans are good.

Nothing beats a Nextel though. I'd go for one of those.

Ponytail

Originally posted by cariblue
My preference is Verizon and Nokia phones. Not as cool as the flippy star trek phones, but clearer reception.

lol!1 I hate those things..they wouldn't last a day with me. Mine gets bounced, dropped, kicked, and a few months ago was turned into a doggy chew toy, not by choice though. But evn with holes in the battery, and through the button face, it still works fine, the screen is illegible though.

K

Kain99

Verizon offers the best coverage in So. MD. I have a Motorola and and Nextel. Nextel is great if you go North.

If you live in Calvert or St. Mary's you'll run into No service holes just about every 25-30 miles.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Out of Singular (Cell-One), ATT, Sprint or Verizon... Verizon has the best coverage in this area. They're still adding towers too.

Not sure about Nextel.

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
nextel

I have had NExtel for the last year and they are ok unless you go south of the base. Haven't had any other problems in St marys though.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
You can't get a decent signal from Verizon in Chesapeake Ranch Estates... or on the base... but everywhere else I seem to get a strong signal.

It stinks though because I live in CRE and I can't use my cell for long distance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by sleuth14
You can't get a decent signal from Verizon in Chesapeake Ranch Estates... or on the base... but everywhere else I seem to get a strong signal.
I have never had trouble with mine on the base.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by RoseRed
I have never had trouble with mine on the base.

I work in 2187 and don't get a signal at all inside... and outside I only get about 2 bars.

SxyPrincess

I think phones play a big part in service. I've had real cheap $10 phones where the reception sucked, then switched to a more expensive phone and got great reception...all with the same provider. :rolleyes:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
You can't get a decent signal from Verizon in Chesapeake Ranch Estates...

It stinks though because I live in CRE and I can't use my cell for long distance.
I can use my phone! :biggrin:

The only place it still drops out is near the back gate on Lil Cove Pt Rd.

K

Kain99

More likely your phone... I get great reception in CRE

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I work in 2187 and don't get a signal at all inside... and outside I only get about 2 bars.
Whats wrong with the phone on your desk then? :biggrin:

alex

I've had AT & T for about 5 years now. No problems with reception, billing or service. I think they're GREAT! I also use a Nokia phone. Do not get one of those new Motorola Flip phones - I heard they are terrible!

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Ponytail
Sleuth...you using a cheapy?? Come on man...fess up...

:biggrin:

You got me... I'm using the one that came with my plan.
:smile: It was the best I could do at the time. I was unemployed.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Kain99
More likely your phone... I get great reception in CRE

I get great reception on the beach in CRE...
poor reception and dropped calls everywhere else.

I've been thinking about getting a new phone for awhile. I may have to consider it even harder now.