Hecht's Name Slowly Disappears From View

Lilypad

The old signs of Hecht's are disappearing. Most of the stores that once defined shopping in the Washington/Baltimore area are being converted to the Macy's brand, and a few others will become Bloomingdale's. Macy's parent company Federated Department Stores bought Hecht's parent May Department Stores last year for $11 billion. The transition is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 9.

Ahhh, gone are the days of Hecht's, Stewart's, Hutzler's and Hochschild Kohn's. What a thrill it was to go school shopping with me mum! I remember stopping in the counter in Hutzler's to have lunch-usually a grilled cheese and an ice cream soda. Ahhhh childhood memories!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lilypad said:
The old signs of Hecht's are disappearing. Most of the stores that once defined shopping in the Washington/Baltimore area are being converted to the Macy's brand, and a few others will become Bloomingdale's. Macy's parent company Federated Department Stores bought Hecht's parent May Department Stores last year for $11 billion. The transition is scheduled to be completed by Sept. 9.

Ahhh, gone are the days of Hecht's, Stewart's, Hutzler's and Hochschild Kohn's. What a thrill it was to go school shopping with me mum! I remember stopping in the counter in Hutzler's to have lunch-usually a grilled cheese and an ice cream soda. Ahhhh childhood memories!
My MIL worked @ Hutzler's after she graduated college.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Lilypad said:

Yes say goodbye to the good old 40's... :whistle:

BlackSheep

chernmax said:
Yes say goodbye to the good old 40's... :whistle:
50's, 60's and 70's! :killingme
My mother took me downtown Balto. to Howard St to school shop.
Then of course there were the Christmas store front displays that were magical :yahoo:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
BlackSheep said:
50's, 60's and 70's! :killingme
My mother took me downtown Balto. to Howard St to school shop.
Then of course there were the Christmas store front displays that were magical :yahoo:

OK I'll date myself, in the late 60's, 70's for me it was Macy's on 34th street in NYC, they always had a mad competition with Bloomingdales and had some of the best animated displays in the city, not to mention the best Christmas parade on Thanksgiving down 5th Ave...

Gummie

Sometime in the 72-73 time frame, I had returned from a tour in the Middle East and was in Hutzlers in Pikesville. I bought some shirts and when I went to pay for them in cash, the clerk had to go get her supervisor to show her how to do a cash transaction.

bcp

In My Opinion
Gummie said:
Don't forget Woodies!
For Gods sake, this is a thread about a department store, why would you bring up the male organ in its excited state?