Heelys

Elle

Happy Camper!
BlackSheep said:
Why would you consider buying these for your son? :confused:
Because he asked for them and I think they look like fun.

It's not like they would be his only pair of shoes.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
They look cool, I however would start making a chore list so he can earn them and appreciate them more... :whistle:

Pete

Repete
Boy came home from his "summer with mom" with a pair. I have already invoked executive privledge and said "not at school".

greyhound

workin hard said:
I have seen them on a bunch of kids. They look neat.

I don't see a problem with them.....
as long as they are not skating through the stores in them or wearing them to school.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Oh and there is nothing new about these, have been around for 2-3 years already...

And schools normally don't allow them anyway...

Pete

Repete
greyhound said:
I don't see a problem with them.....
as long as they are not skating through the stores in them or wearing them to school.
Ah, the crux of the deal. Kids who want these are not known for showing the greatest discretion.

BlackSheep

chernmax said:
Oh and there is nothing new about these, have been around for 2-3 years already...

And schools normally don't allow them anyway...
I remember when my brothers put cleats on their shoes-holy moly! :killingme

greyhound

Pete said:
Ah, the crux of the deal. Kids who want these are not known for showing the greatest discretion.

These were around when I was a kid (4 wheels that would retract into the shoe). There will always be kids that don't follow the rules. Comes back to parenting. Monitor when and where the shoes will be worn.

greyhound

camily said:
The kids wearing them in the stores don't bother me either. :lol:

It bothers the stores, and most don't allow the kids to skate on them in or around the store. Just as they don't allow regular skates, skate boards, or bike riding on the side walk.

But I think they are fun shoes for kids.

L

lugebob

addictive?

camily said:
My older two both want a pair. I ahve no problem with them at all. The kids wearing them in the stores don't bother me either. Wish I had a pair as a kid! :lol:

Camily..... you can still get a pair.............. but I warn you... similar to drugs these Heelys lead to a bigger addiction... before you know it the kids will be building street luges and playing in the street. :jameo:

I don't have to click the link to know which shoes you are talking about... saw a kid with a pair zooming thru the Las Vegas Airport. I have my doubts about them safely being used in crowded places. Those things allow for some impressive speed Would the kid (in reality...the kid's parents) be held responsible for causing bodily harm to someone they run into or for collateral damage for things they run into and break...:confused:

camily

Peace
greyhound said:
It bothers the stores, and most don't allow the kids to skate on them in or around the store. Just as they don't allow regular skates, skate boards, or bike riding on the side walk.

But I think they are fun shoes for kids.
I know what you're saying but these only have wheels on the heels so it's not like they can start roller derbying around the store. The ones I have seen are simply going at the same pace as the parents, they just aren't moving their feet.

camily

Peace
lugebob said:
Camily..... you can still get a pair.............. but I warn you... similar to drugs these Heelys lead to a bigger addiction... before you know it the kids will be building street luges and playing in the street. :jameo:
So, you had a pair? :lol: